Bay Rum Scented Talc?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Barber Eile, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm hoping to buy some bay rum scented talc to use in work (I'm a barber) but I can't seem to find any without the shipping, or cost of the item itself, being a small fortune.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find some reasonably priced shipped to Ireland?

Thank you!

2. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

What is the bay rum scented talc , are you talking about Clubman talc?

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I have no idea where to get that. But if you can get some bay rum fragrance oil and unscented talc (or failing that, cornstarch) you can just make it. If you really have no luck finding the scented talc or fragrance oil, I can send you some FO. A friend gave me a big bottle of it, so I have more than enough. Just PM me with your mailing info, if you need it.

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. SonicReducer

SonicReducer New Member

My good friend Chris is a barber here in the USA, and he and his dad started a company making their own Bay Rum scented barber's powder. It's quality, all-natural, light clean scent, and I use it very often. Can't say enough good things about it.

[Mod edit: see our vendor rules]

5. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

I didn't have a particular one in mind... just wondering what was out there.
    That looks perfect thanks! I'll contact him and see how much shipping would be.

[Mod edit: removed vendor link]

6. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

how would I make it? Would I not just end up with paste?

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It's surprisingly easy. You need some talc (or cornstarch), a measuring cup, measuring spoon, a ziploc bag & a shaker, to put the powder in, for use.
    1)Measure out 1 cup (250 ml) powder & put it in the ziploc bag.
    2)Add 1 tsp (5 ml) of fragrance to the bag. Zip it up and roll it between your hands. At first it will be lumpy. Keep rolling it around until there are no lumps. Then the scent will be mixed in. (It doesn't get pasty, because you are adding very little liquid and none of it is water.)
    3)Open the bag & check the scent. If you like it, pour it into your container & use it. If you think it is too weak, add another 5 ml of scent & mix it again.

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

Thank you! I must try that!

Sara-s likes this.
  9. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

There's another procedure on the net for making it. If I remember you use cotton balls soaked on the fragrance. Doing it that way doesn't clump the powder. It was on one of the sites in the last yr.

10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Let me know how it goes. And, as I said, if you can't find the oil PM me & I'll send you some.