Bay rum

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Tattoobob, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Magnum

Magnum New Member

For my money you can't beat St John's bay rum balm. Great aftershave and the best bay rum scent imo

mrchick likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

actually Kevin is cognizant of this, too.

4. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Does anyone else like the Col. Conk bay rum? I'm lucky enough to have a brick and mortar shave shop not too far from where I live, and can smell the various brands and scents they sell there. I really like the smell of the Col. Conk Bay Rum, it smells better to me than other bay rums I have smelled, but I have read other people say it doesn't smell like a real bay rum. The Col. Conks has a nice sweet & spicy smell to it that I love.

5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I thinks Conk's Bay Rum actually smells pretty good. It is mild, compared to most of what's out there (that I've tried anyway), I just think that the soap is meh.

I haven't tried Krampert's yet, but Ogallala is my favorite BR soap to date.

ninjack likes this.
  6. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

I'll have to try the Ogallala BR soap. I agree the Col. Conk bay rum soap is only so so, I just love the aftershave. The Lime is pretty good too.

7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Sorry, I didn't even realize where I was posting. Although the Ogallala AS splashes are pretty great. Apologies.

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

I'm sure that's a great one-but unfortunately, Bill Neumann(like Floid) sound great to me, but too many Washingtons($$$$$). Having said that, I did try some Bill Neumann samplers(but not their balm).

9. Paul Turner

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  10. Paul Turner

I've read it's quite good.

11. Paul Turner

very little clove, right?

mrchick likes this.
  12. Lilan

Lilan Active Member

Captains Choice now makes a great bay rum balm

13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I agree. Great scent and not a strong clove smell.