Besides Osage Rub, what else has freezing menthol?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Azarius, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

I am looking for a freeze so cold I want it to feel like I have been kicked in the face by the Abominable Snowman. I know that I could add 444 or M-Bomb to anything, but I am looking for common, readily available products.

I am sure Jeff will chime in as he knows cold, but all others with experience of that Siberian permafrost cold, I need your help.

I need cold.

Switchermike likes this.
  2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Alcolado Glacial :)

Edit - Almost forgot the Proraso Green aftershave splash is chilly too.

JayPo007, Azarius and Switchermike like this.
  3. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Boosters.

Azarius likes this.
  4. Littlemax

Littlemax Member

I also enjoy the coldness. I mix 50/50 Osage Rub and Aqua Velva and then keep in fridge. Wonderful after a nice shave.

Azarius and Switchermike like this.
  5. Azarius

Azarius Must have had his WHEATies

Thanks gents for the suggestions. Keep them coming!!!

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Arley, try to get some Visal or Vifrex aftershave gel - ice-cold, great scents, and very soothing and defensive of sensitive skin. ;)

Azarius likes this.
  7. Lyndon

Lyndon Well-Known Member

I second the Vifrex, it is really, really nice. I found it worked better if I patted my face dry before applying the gel. I also have to second the Alcolado. Love that stuff!

8. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

TSD Iced (or 2X iced) Peppermint.

9. crackstar

diana_balsam.jpg JoAnna's Iced Subzero aftershave milk is delightfully cold as well. How can I forget that stuff? :ashamed001: Here is something that requires a high tolerance because the menthol effect is extremely intense. It's called Diana Sport Menthol Balsam.

10. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Try a menthol cream , Palmolive Cool leaves you with a nice freeze (in my experience at least) and splashing cold water on your face after a 3 pass shave is like rubbing your face with snow :Animatedfrozensmily:

crackstar likes this.
  11. crackstar

I have Palmolive Cool cream in the blue tube also. I believe it is the same cream as the Italian version in the green tube. If I'm not wrong, the blue tube is marketed for the Balkan countries. :)

Colgate-Palmolive-PALMOLIVE-COOL-menthol~large~357_575_1.jpg

12. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

It says "made in Italy" so I guess It's the same, but in a smaller package :)

13. ZolarCzakl

ZolarCzakl New Member

For a face freezing shave cream try Queen Charlotte Soaps Vostok. It leaves your face so numb that a mentholated after shave lotion is a bit unnecessary. I love menthol and it definitely has the highest freeze factor of any soap/cream that I've tried.

crackstar and Monkeylord like this.
  14. crackstar

I almost forgot about the Vostok cream or soap. Those and the Iced Subzero soap or cream are the absolute coldest shaving soaps and creams on the market - yes, even colder than Palmolive Menthol and Godrej Menthol Mist.

15. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

+1 it's likes drug, very addictive if you like your face frozen.