Best Drawer in the Kitchen

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by OldSaw, Sep 19, 2021.

1. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

I love this drawer directly under my new induction cooktop. I need some kind of organizers, but having direct access to my favorite utensils where the oven used to be is pretty nice.
    ABE266F0-A378-43D2-B715-E907B87F7766.jpeg

gorgo2, Queen of Blades and PanChango like this.
  2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  3. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

Yes. The kitchen, laundry room, and two bathrooms are all from IKEA.
    0BBD04A2-9B2C-431B-8CCA-8A7DC9B50553.jpeg

jimjo1031 and IAmTheJody like this.
  4. Queen of Blades

Wow! Looks awesome! DIYed?

I've done most all of mine, except electrical and plumbing (in house, just not me), and countertops (paid pros). Still working on our finishing touches. We went with Voxtorp doors. Love my drawers. Built a spice rack pull out myself to fill a 6 inch gap. Came up with my own hack for the 12 inch pull out so I had somewhere for my trash can.

OldSaw and IAmTheJody like this.
  5. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Looks great!

OldSaw likes this.
  6. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

Yes, DIY. Countertop is quartz from Menards, which is the same as from IKEA, except IKEA will not deliver more than 50 miles from a store. We are about 200 miles away. Due to low inventory during Covid restrictions we had to pick up from two stores, Oakcreek, WI and Minneapolis, MN and still had to have some shipped. This is our second IKEA kitchen project.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  7. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

Love the Ikea planner too. You can get about 95% of the way there and then a short meeting with an Ikea kitchen consultant will complete the shopping list and give you a complete order of operations.
    F4576CF2-6C4E-4198-BDF6-A3310A0C04DD.jpeg
    DC7D8BE7-7599-40F4-BDD0-1C1816293478.jpeg
    67BC032D-7847-4E9B-9865-10BDF3BA1FF0.jpeg

PLANofMAN and Queen of Blades like this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Like what you've done.

OldSaw likes this.
  9. Queen of Blades

I've been playing with the planner for years. Spent the last 14 years hating the old kitchen.

I'd love to post pics, but not ready for that yet.

Yes, the Ikea trips have been numerous. Woodbridge, VA, College Park, MD, and Charlotte, NC. 200 miles away, either side. Plus a few shipments.

We have a small kitchen in the basement apartment that will be remodeled with Ikea, eventually.

Your layout has me wishing I'd done similar, but my daughter's wheelchair needs plenty of room.

OldSaw likes this.
  10. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

The planning was half the fun of building. Our last kitchen and bathroom project were remodels. This one was brandy spanking new.

Queen of Blades likes this.