Best Multi-Blade Razor?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Eric W. Ford, Jul 26, 2009.

?

Best Multi-Blade Razor?

1. Sensor

27.7%
  2. Atra

9.2%
  3. Trac II

23.1%
  4. Sensor 3

1.5%
  5. Mach3

21.5%
  6. Fusion

21.5%
  7. Quattro

6.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Eric W. Ford

Eric W. Ford New Member

Lets vote for the best multi-blade razor.

I'm voting for Gillette Sensor

2. blazkowicz

blazkowicz New Member

Me too.

3. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Cross between the Atra and Trac II for me...probably give the edge to the Atra since it pivots (sort of) and my Trac II doesn't.

4. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Fusion... It's a 5-bladed, lube-stripped, vibrating monster, but it shaves (me) really well. Haven't used one since I put the first blade in my Dad's old SS, but they're still great razors. They're not fun, and they're ugly as sin, but they're still great razors.

5. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Fusion. Until I started with a DE I got the best shaves from this contraption. However, I needed to use the Fusion once after I started DE shaving (I don't even remember why I had to use it) and I realized then that the best cartridge is garbage next to a good DE (and I assume the same goes for an SE and Str8 as well :D).

6. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I never used a Trac2 or Atra. Of the rest, I'd go for a Sensor. The one fusion I tried wasn't any better than a Mach 3 to me, which isn't terrible but not as good as the Sensor. I still have a few M3 blades for airline travel, but rarely use one. I'll try to find a 2-blade handle and blades as a replacement when those are used up. I'll go with a Sensor if I can find one, but I'd take a go at a Trac 2 or Atra without much thought.

My DE razors are a definate step up, but only add a little to shave quality. Most of it is that I enjoy the process far more with a DE.

7. s&g'sdad

s&g'sdad Member

I still remember when I bought my Sensor. Some 24 years ago. I still got it and use it from time to time. Still shaves great.

Aaron

8. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

My Sensor handle broke, which is why I switched to the Mach 3 (couldn't find the handles at local stores). Increasing Mach 3 cart. prices and the even more expensive fusion were what lead me to a DE razor. I'd be interested to use a Sensor again since it's been about 7 years. Wow, I just realized I used the Sensor longer than any other razor. Handle last FAR longer than the Mach 3'3.

9. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

It's not listed, but if it was I'd vote for the Bic Comfort 3 Triple Blade Shaver.

10. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

double ring with 2 blades accidentaly stuck together.

;)

11. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

Out of all the abominations out there, I'd have to go with the mach3. So easy a child could use it...

12. J T

J T Member

The best multi is the non-listed Wilkinson System II. :cool:

13. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

The Sensor did not come out 24 years ago - more like ~15.

It's an excellent razor but has the lightest, flimsiest handles of all Gillette's cart. systems.

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    19 years. Gillette introduced the Sensor in 1990.

15. boyextraordinare

Thanks for the correction.

Using the Fusion the last few days, I have to say I love it.

It certainly doesn't shave closer than anything else out there, but it's a good worker.

16. boyextraordinare

I have to try the Wilkinson FX Diamond - I believe that's what it's called - which I've wanted ever since I saw it at a Boots in London.

Do they make carts. for it in the US?

17. boyextraordinare

Why the hell did Gillette make a 3-bladed Sensor?

They're crazy.

Everyone seems to love the original Sensor. I do, too, save for its lighter-than-Gillettes handle.

Anyone tried off-label Sensor carts?

18. blazkowicz

blazkowicz New Member

The 3-bladed sensor is a disposable razor. Maybe they wanted a 3-bladed but cheaper than mach3 disposable razor.

19. Pauldog

Pauldog New Member

Yes, though they're not as easy to find as Mach 3 blades, and the razor handle isn't really available there any more. In the US, it's called the Schick FX Diamond. (The only thing left under the Wilkinson brand in the US is the double edge blade.) Previous versions had the names Tracer and Tracer FX, and all blades where the name contains "FX" or "Tracer" will fit all razors with those names, whether Schick or Wilkinson.

20. Pauldog

Pauldog New Member

Is the Wilkinson System II compatible with the Trac II, or did it have its own special blades?

The original Wilkinson Bonded razor (single blade) had its own blades, and now they're getting pretty rare.