Best pizza toppings

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Flatfish, May 16, 2011.

1. VANCE723

VANCE723 Active Member

peperoni,jalapenos & mushrooms for my side
    mushrooms,peperoni,black olives & extra cheese for the wife
    [​IMG]

Ryan B likes this.
  2. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

For a second there I thought you had a pizza on a Pizza. That would be some good toppings :happy102. Both sides are looking pretty yummy.

3. MÜHLE-Man

MÜHLE-Man Member

no pics, but Farmer Sausage is very very good on Pizza.

4. Rusty Wilkinson

Rusty Wilkinson New Member

Artichoke, hands down.

5. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Tonight I am having home made pizza. So far my plan to put on it is

Just plain home made pizza/pasta sauce
    Chedder cheese
    Chicken bits
    Bacon
    Ricota cheese with cut up fresh basil in it
    olives to top it off

Might add hot sauce when the cooking is done. I also might add more strips of basil when cooking is finished.

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

I'm not too sure about that broccoli on a pie, but I do enjoy the rest with extra spinach. As far as the red pie, PanChango has nailed it dead on.

7. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

i like veggie topping plus bacon on my pizza. i've been recently on a deep dish kick...costco sells a back yourself deepdish pizza for ten bux...pretty good stuff.

8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I'm a man of simple tastes.
    Give me some good-quality mozzarella, a few capers and a generous amount of anchovies...:)
    [​IMG]

9. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I like pizza, it's one of my favorite things to eat. You guys haven't lived until you've had a real deep dish pizza from Chicago. The best one I have had is from Lou Malnati's. There are several around, but the one I went to was on the corner of State and 9th off of Michigan Ave.

But as a general rule: no anchovies, saur kraut, or green olives. Other than those, I will eat almost any topping. One of my personal favorites is a chicken bacon ranch pizza with my own addition of Colby Jack.

10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I love a good pizza. Extra cheese is my favorite. Call me egotistical (and you'll be right) but my favorite comes from my kitchen.​

HolyRollah likes this.
  11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Not egotistical, Sara, but practical. ;)
    Besides, by making your own pizza at home you know how it's prepared, you know the quality of the toppings, and how much to put on. Since we're a gluten-free household, we tend to make our own (GF pizza ordered out cost $$$!).

My middle son worked for a time at a pizza joint—a well-known chain—and some of the stories he has told me of what goes on in some kitchens is enough to frighten one from eating pizza out ever again. :eek:

Sara-s likes this.
  12. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Black Olives
    Jalapeno Peppers
    Anchovies
    Bacon

Season with crushed red peppers, and tobasco.
    It's spicy, salty deliciousness.

HolyRollah likes this.
  13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Sounds great! Substitute Sriracha for the Tabasco & I'm in!

14. jquarter06

jquarter06 Member

Mushrooms
    Pepperoni
    Banana peppers

A dab of frank's hot sauce at the end, a frost cold whiskey and coke then I'm in heaven!

15. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

I like the classics: pepperoni, Italian sausage, and black olives. I'm also partial to a good Alfredo sauce, spinach, and chicken pizza...I know it sounds weird, but it is amazing.

Ryan B likes this.
  16. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Recently had a terrific pizza at a friend's home (Huge 700°F wood-burning pizza oven in his backyard! The only way to go!). No tomato sauce, but:
    Swiss, Fontina, Gorgonzola and mozzarella cheeses, roasted walnuts and fresh sage! Best 'cheese' pizza I've ever had!

Ryan B likes this.
  17. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I'm a vegetarian, definitely fresh mushrooms, black olives, fresh spinach, red onions, peppers, artichokes.

18. newb

newb Resident Newb

Bacon, bacon, and bacon. A triple bacon topping can't be beat in my household. So simple but so good. Nothing fancy or exotic, but it's really good.

19. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Needs more bacon, clearly.

20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

"Would you like a side of fries with that pizza?"

[​IMG]