Best Pizza

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Wishoot, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

You need help, see a doctor or pizzaologist or somtin'

2. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

there would be no caped crusader without you. so thank you.

no pizza should have pineapple. sorry moi.

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Don't care what you all say.

4. burnWood

:sad024

5. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

ham and pineapple is one of my favorites.

i stand by the queen. pineapple is the bees knees.

6. burnWood

that's called a Hawaiian pizza.

7. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Oh but it is so good! I was skeptical but once i tried it I was in love. Pineapple, ham, and red onions. Ooooh lala!

8. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

im referring to the pineapple. you big jerkface.

:D

9. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

How about seared tuna and capers?

Pizza should have your basic high-fat meats and maybe veggies with little to no nutritional value. Otherwise, it just ain't pizza.

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

What about Calzones and Strombolis? Those are good too.

11. Queen of Blades

I don't like meat on my pizza. Unless it's a taco pizza.

12. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Bill Mahr never ate at my college cafeteria on a Sunday afternoon. Awful pizza. Worse than the bread squares with cheese they served in grade school. Made me consider giving up on pizza altogether.

13. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

The Italians make a Nutella pizza, so no picking on people who likes pineapple (ugh!) on theirs...

14. burnWood

ugh.

if I am not getting my pizza in chicago it is usually awful. go to florida, ugh. go to michigan, ugh.

15. john2499

john2499 New Member

Hello,

I was born, raised, and live in Chicago, and I definitely prefer the so-called "New York Style" pizza. That is not to say I don't enjoy a deep dish every now and then, and when I do I my favorite is Unos. It has a great sauce and is not overly laden with cheese and dough. My favorite all time pizza is a little hole in the wall joint on the south side named Phil's. They are on the corner of Aberdeen and 35th. The north side has a similar place aptly named Eastern Style (For the east coast type pizza and grinders) at 2911 W. Touhy. A very good place and one time my fave is Home Run Inn. They are much more suited for a traveler as they have dining rooms in all of them.

Just some F.Y.I. Chicago is the "so-called" second city because it was literally built on the charred ruins of the first city, after the Great Chicago Fire, hence the second city.

John

16. Queen of Blades

Welcome to The Shave Den, John! :signs046

17. mgarbell

mgarbell New Member

The best pizza I ever had was in NYC, but I don't remember the name. While I don't dislike deep-dish pizza, I'd prefer NY style crust.

Now, having said that, there is a place in Arcadia California called Zelo's that makes an amazing cornmeal crust pizza. The crust is thick, but it's crsipy and light, not chewy. And, yes, it's in California, so there are some interesting toppings available, but my favorite was potato and panchetta. The potatoes were sliced thin and really added a lot to the texture and taste.

I'm into making my own pizza now, especially since there really aren't any great places where I'm currently living. Make my own crust and sauce, and have a pizza stone in each oven. Better than any place in town, hands down.

Matt

18. john2499

john2499 New Member

Thank you, glad to finally chime in. I've been a Lurker for nearly two years.

John.

19. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

I knew something was up when my favorite pizza place wasn't answering their phone on an NFL playoff Saturday. It was kinda confirmed when I drove over and found a swarm of construction workers and the place gutted. No counter, no ovens, nothing. RIP Pizzeria Italia. :(

There's another local place, Collosante's, aka Westover Pizza, that's well-regarded and closer to my house, but they use the mass-market belt style oven.

The search continues...

20. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

1. Welcome to Shave Den
    2. Dark Audit- I like the name. What was your inspiration?
    3. Love rafting in West Virginia. It's one of the most beautiful places in the world.