Best Pre-Shave Face Wash?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by m54daboll, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

For a while I have been using Neutrogena Men's Invigorating face wash. Seems to work real well. I have also started using Stirling Soap Works bar soap which also works great and now only use the Neutorgena about twice a week.

Norcalnewb likes this.
  2. Psmith

Psmith Member

I use either Musgo Real or Dr. Bronner.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  3. Ahh Oui

Ahh Oui Well-Known Member

For the past year or so, I tend to go between classic Noxema and Cetaphil. Every once in a blue moon, I'll snag a bit of whatever exfoliating scrub my lady has in the shower

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I like to use Musgo Real as a pre shave to clean the skin and provide a slick surface. I halfway wash it off so some of the slickness of the soap is mixed in the lather.

Other times I will use a shaving soap that was not good enough for shaving use (IMO). But I guess any soap could be used for a pre shave.

Dzia Dzia and Ahh Oui like this.
  5. Macros42

Macros42 Active Member

Don't use any face wash or scrub myself. Does it make a big difference? I just put on some prorasa preshave balm and then a hot towel after my shower before I start shaving.

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. SuperChris

SuperChris Member

Either Zirh or Every Man Jack

7. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Cetaphil.

simms623 likes this.
  8. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Always a good idea to clean face prior to placing shaving lotion and using a blade. Clean face helps shaving soap\cream adhere better and consider shaving like operating especially if you nic yourself. Clean surface is ideal. Removes residual oil and dirt.
    Also helps facial hair stand out more for greater blade access.

Paul Turner and m54daboll like this.
  9. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

How do you wash your face?

10. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I use Burt's Bees sensitive for face wash, but I use different pre shaves. Right now, PAA Ice is doing nicely.

11. Macros42

Macros42 Active Member

In the shower. Ted Baker or Taylor hair and body wash. But not a facial scrub. Maybe I should look at one.

12. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Kiehl's Facial Fuel scrub

13. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I like Kirk's Coco Castile soap.

14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Young guys like me just call it peach fuzz. :p

Paul Turner and mrchick like this.
  15. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I know that I started with a DE of some sort in the late 1970's and the first razor I bought for myself was a Schick injector - the Schick Stick! Over time I transgressed to Atra and never went past 2 blades for years but ended up with some sort of 3 blade cartridge razor around 2000 or so. I dabbled with electrics several times with a Braun and a couple of Norelcos but never enjoyed electrics at all. I purchased a couple of DE sets for my sons for Christmas 2013 and soon followed them and then well...

Enrico likes this.
  16. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I've been using Musgo Lime soap with great results but recently tried "365 Glycerin Soap" from Whole Foods. 365 IMO is just as good and only a fraction ($2.00) of the Musgo price.

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I use Dove Men's Care + these days, and I will on occasion use Nivea Energy in the warmer months.

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. Bflotom2

Bflotom2 Active Member

I'm with you on the Nancy Boy wash. I like most of their products; the exceptions are the current Sandalwood cream. I really don't like the fragrance, and the replenishing shampoo. Otherwise all top notch products.

19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    I have been using this simple procedure for over 2 years and just enjoy it. This soap works really well for dry eyes during forest fires and allergies I have found. Tear drops are not as effective from my experiences and it really hydrates the whiskers for easy shaving.
    Dedicated brush for face washing(Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere knot) Brush washing my whole face is so relaxing, just as good or better as a warm wet towel experience IMO.
    Z-Pre shave products (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn