Best Products from Germany

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by rick, Jul 16, 2007.

1. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Alrighty then !
    Good friend of mine has relatives in Germany and I want to know:

Whats the best shavery made in and/or available only in Deutschland ?

Tell me your favorites.

:signs001

2. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Speick
    Tabac

are two that come to mind

3. herzi

herzi Active Member

What really is "only available in Germany" are the drugstore products like Balea, Cerrus or Rilanja. More prominent products can be bought in other countries too.
    I think you have to look for Balea SC, Tüff sensitiv AS, Alando SC and Kappus Aloe Vera SC.

These are very good products and I think only available in Germany.

4. rick

Thanks, you guys.
    Maybe I should narrow the playing field a bit....

Lets shoot for BEST 3 Soaps and / or creams.

I know of Balea...the others are "foreign" to me :rofl
    Is Tabula Rasa available there?
    Best 3 please.

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Speick was sold in Canada for many years, and so was Tabac, (the aftershave and cologne are still available here sometimes) but these 2 brands were quite expensive. Kappus Aloe and Nautik sc are sold here in 1 store I know well.

6. herzi

herzi Active Member

Perhaps you should narrow the field on anither way: Made in Germany. Because you can buy such a lot in the internet.

Soaps
    Tabac
    Palmolive Stick
    Speick Stick

Creams
    Tabula Rasa (www.1001seife.de)
    Olivias Crema (www.olivia-seife.de)
    European Palmolive regular

These things can all not be bought only in Germany so they don't fulfill your first question properly. And these are my German favourites.

7. herzi

herzi Active Member

I've forgotten Klar Seife. But I don't know it. You can buy it also at www.1001seife.de .
    [​IMG]

8. rick

Mucho Good !
    Made and / or available in Germany ONLY please.

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Good luck with this thread.....i did one similar last week and im expecting a big shipment of european stuff.

10. crackstar

Stefan, es gibt eine andere tolle Seife aus Deutschland--Golddachs Spezial. Schoner Duft, Schaum, alles. Leider, es ist nicht erhaltlich hier in Canada. :( :(

11. herzi

herzi Active Member

Jeff Du hast Recht. Aber sie soll identisch mit einer amerikanischen sein. Ich weiß nur den Namen nicht mehr.

12. crackstar

Stefan, Olivia's Produkten sind fabelhaft. Ich habe 4 oder 5 Cremen und Seifen probiert, und ich war immer frohlich. Olivia ist eine wirkliche Genie--der Bay Rum, und Churchill sind eine Heilung fur meine empfindliche Haut.

13. herzi

herzi Active Member

Du hast Recht Jeff. Sie sind fabelhaft.

14. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Times like this i wish i spoke and read German.

15. crackstar

It's never too late to learn, Isaac. I was raised with German, so it's a 2nd language for me.

16. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

My Grandmother is German and so is my Step Father. They all speak it. My mom is fluent but alas I am not. When I went to Germany for Sylvester....everyone loved the fact that they could practice their English :p

17. crackstar

I was born in what's part of Ukraine today in a town called Przemyszl. Before the war, it was part of Poland, but the population spoke 4 languages--Polish, Ukrainian, Russian and German. I grew up speaking all 4 of these languages. My family and I left Lwow when I was 3, and we moved to Israel, where I lived for many years. I consider myself Israeli before anything else, because I was educated there, served in the army, etc. But German still remains an important language for me.

18. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Is Montreal one of the French speaking provinces....or is that mainly Quebec

19. crackstar

Isaac, Montreal is a city in the province of Quebec. By the way, I sometimes wish my English was as good as my French.....

20. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Straight razors made in Solingen. Merkur Slant Bar razors. Speick and Balea shaving creams. Tabac soap, AS and Edc.

Raf