Best Shave Cream EVER!

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Deniz, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Royalpar1

Royalpar1 New Member

Best creams:
    SMN
    Xpec
    Adp
    Abc
    Period end of story

2. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Haven't visited this thread in a while - but I will unequivocally state - the BEST cream is one I haven't tried yet, so I must try them all, so that I may find my ONE, PERFECT CREAM!

3. opsimath

opsimath Well-Known Member

I'm voting for Proraso (either green or red) but the Musgo Real creams are very nice too. Like the Kiss My Face shave cream, it is advertised as brushless, but KMF and Musgo Real creams both respond very well to a shaving brush.

I tend to prefer shaving soap (stick or puck) to creams -- most of my cream usage is in combining it with a nice tallow shaving soap to make superlather. After loading my brush with the tallow soap, I squirt a small amount of cream onto the brush and face lather like a maniac. Combining different soaps and creams can produce some fantastic blends -- one I tried recently that was really special was the combination of Mitchell's Wool Fat with Speick cream from the tube; a wonderful amalgamation of aromas, coupled with terrific glide and moisturizing.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  4. Capri142

Capri142 New Member

Tried a lot of different creams but what I keep coming back to is Proraso Menthol.....Great lather & very slick. Smells hood and the menthol gives my skin a slight tingle. Just good stuff for a great price.

tuxxdk and Douglas Carey like this.
  5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I've been very happy with The Real Soap Company cream. YMMV.

6. SP3CtRUM

SP3CtRUM Active Member

I have been testing a lot of creams for the last few months - some very cheap ones, some from middle shelf and as well these expensive ones.
    There were a lot of good creams. Some have really great scent (Crabtree & Evelyn Moroccan Myrrh, C&E Indian Sandalwood, TOBS Sandalwood), some have really great latherability (The Body Shop Maca Root, Arko), some have really good moisturizing (Vicco Turmeric).
    But without any doubt the is one outstanding of all.
    And it is: eShave cream (Rose scent I have tested). It was really great in all above mentioned categories and now I am eager to test all of the eShave scents.
    It's rather expensive but for sure underrated by a lot of people.

7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good post, thanks. Will look forward to review of more eShave creams.

8. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Best smelling creams in my arsenal, with great overall performance: ToOBS Jermyn Street and Mr Taylors Shaving Cream (never want to be without them ;) )
    Best bang for the buck: Speick men

tuxxdk likes this.
  9. Herk

Herk Member

For me my favorite creams have both been Indian Creams. Either Godrej or Vi-John. Both have lanolin and lather very similarly. The scents leave a little to be desired but the cushion and slickness is great.

Billyfergie likes this.
  10. rxshave

rxshave Member

Speick

Billyfergie likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Interesting contradictions on the Gillette Barbershop Fresh Foam-many in Amazon say it smells so nice an aftershave isn't needed, yet in another shave website, someone said the fragrance won't overpower any aftershave. I'm going to try this shave foam with Clubman soon. It may let the Clubman scent show. It did this morning with the Cool-Wave liquid.

12. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

I've never used a cream, but want to try one....is this the mem y'all talk of?[​IMG]

Douglas Carey and Billyfergie like this.
  13. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

or this one:
    [​IMG]

Douglas Carey, Joef and Billyfergie like this.
  14. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I'm another soap guy....I'm a simple person who fell in love with the Arko Stick and thats that...But I do use a cream with it from time to time to make a Uber- lather.....I'm not saying it's the best because I haven't tried that many...But I love Arko Ice Mint shave cream....It is the only Arko Cream where the menthol is undeniable...It's not screaming in your face menthol...But it's menthol on your face non the less....ha ha !

tuxxdk, Douglas Carey and Joef like this.
  15. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

L'Occitane Cade Rich shaving cream has become one of my favaorites.

16. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I own over 15 different tubs of creams including TOBS, RazoRock, Caties Bubbles, AOS, Body Shop and more and a few weeks ago made a purchase which turns out to be the best i've ever used -----> CASTLE FORBES LIME ESSENTIAL OIL ... this stuff is amazing and the 6.8oz tub is huge

17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Castle Forbes is hard to beat. Try the lavender

LuvWetShavin likes this.
  18. eaglewing59

eaglewing59 Well-Known Member

Definitely TOBS any scent. Great cream.

19. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Speik is great stuff and smells different, herbal.

20. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

True words spoken.

If I weren't on a lock-down, I'd harvest some tubes from the local pharmacy just south of here right away :) 3 euros / 3,40 USD per tube - it's an insanely great price for such performance.

Robyflexx, Carbide Mike and Metro like this.