Best way to apply witch hazel...

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by bigmac53, Feb 28, 2013.

1. bigmac53

bigmac53 Well-Known Member

Like the title says, what in your opinion is the best way to apply it? I've been using the cotton ball method, and to be honest I'm not really diggin' it. I feel like i need to use 3 or 4 cotton balls everytime and I don't get even coverage... Does anyone use a spritzer or atomizer for it? I feel like that method would give alot better coverage... Convince me one way or the other...

FacialCarnage likes this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Splash !! Pour some into the palm of your hand, rub both hands together and splash on your face liberally....
    My Pop put Alum powder....about a tablespoon's worth into a bottle of WH....he'd shake it up and liberally splash each day...he said that would keep him from getting wrinkles when he got old...Well when he was 82 he had no wrinkles and no loose neck skin (known as 'chicken neck' :))....maybe I should have listened to him...cluck, cluck, cluck....:happy097:

3. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I splash it also. Using generic witch hazel I put my thumb on the opening so I don't get too much. Then shake a little puddle into one palm, rub together and pat onto my face. An atomizer is a good idea and I'm sure it would work well also.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Splash some into my palm, rub my hands together, slap it on my face.

ChiefShaver and srpavko like this.
  5. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I splash it. Like @swarden43.I use a cotton pad for my Thayers Rose Petal Toner...:)

6. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

I use a small fingertip sprayer from Sally's for Witch hazel on my legs, but the spash method would be better for the face to reduce the chance of accidentally spritizing into your eyes one day. Seriously hurts, even if it's alcohol-free WH (or so I've heard ;))

Sara-s likes this.
  7. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

I splash it. Cotton balls are no fun!!

8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Splash as well. :)

9. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

Here's another splasher

10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My husband splashes it on too.

11. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Splasher here too! :) Feels good.

12. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I splash it. It's so much more convenient than cotton balls.

13. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

Splasher here as well.

14. FireLion1983

FireLion1983 Member

lol, *splash!*

15. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

Splash liberally. I added menthol crystals to a bottle of Thayer's lemon scented W&H w/aloe. brrrr!!!

jeraldgordon likes this.
  16. bigmac53

bigmac53 Well-Known Member

thanks for all the responses! I wasn't too sure what ya'll were going to say, but it seems like the majority here are splashers, and I think I'm going to be joining you!

17. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Just like I put on aftershave

18. jcr12388

jcr12388 Member

SPLASH!!

19. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

I bought a small spritzer bottle 10ml and use that. I used to splash, but this seems to work great and doesn't use as much. I got the spritzer bottle at Sally's Hair Supply.

20. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

I slap & smear it on just like aftershave. I do that BEFORE the aftershave ;)