Better Hot Dog

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Will, Jun 5, 2007.

?

Better Hot Dog

1. NY

23 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Chicago

28 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. Other

23 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

HOTDOG...

Ballpark, pan fried, buttered bun put on the pan for a few seconds, onion relish, French's yellow mustard, light sprinkling of celery salt.

2. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Since I've had neither, I have to vote for one of my Brats boiled in Alaskan Amber beer for 15 minutes and then grilled on the BBQ. The best!!!!

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

You can't beat a good NYC hot dog! ;)

4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Chicago Style All The Way Baby! Vienna Beef Dog, Florescent Green Relish, Tomatoes, Banana Peppers and don't forget the Celery Salt!

5. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I forced to eat a hot dog, I strongly move to Hebrew National. But I far prefer a good Braut with Kraut and mustard (onion and relish optional).

6. Philthy Bastard

Philthy Bastard New Member

Sonoran Dog, TJ Dog, Mexican Hot Dog... whatever you want to call it, it is the best time you will ever have shoving a wiener in your mouth. Never heard of a Mexican Hot Dog? Picture if you will a wiener wrapped in bacon and fried, then topped with ketchup, mustard, mayo, pico de gallo, salsa, grilled onions, avacado, pickled jalapeños, beans, queso fresco, crema, and cilantro served on a bolillo roll.

[​IMG]

7. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

I voted OTHER because there's no BOTH option.

Having said that, Nathan's and Hebrew National have so much garlic in them that they give me indigestion, while the Vienna Beef dogs are just about perfect.

While I love hot dogs -- especially those with no filler and natural casings -- I can't justify having the gourmet dogs shipped in at their very high prices.

Besides, the Dietz & Watson dogs out of Philadelphia are available (for now) here in southern Louisiana at one of our large supermarket chains. These are about as good as any of the best dogs out there, and at a very reasonable $5.00 per package. They're not my ideal, but far better than anything from the big meat packers.

For a time, Wal-Mart was also selling their own dog under the Prima Della name. But as this was selling for much more than most who shop here are willing to pay, the company discontinued them.

8. Luziana_Geezer

They're great!

I love 'em just about anyway, though, but maybe broiled over charcoal the best.

I don't use ketchup, but my grandchildren do.

9. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I love a good hot dog. I like the Chicago but really any other dog is good too. I do prefer them without ketchup but have been known to kill a few that was as well.:eatdrink020

10. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

I can't believe this is actually being contested-Chicago dogs leave the rest in their dust. :angry019:angry019:angry019

11. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

No bias. None at all.:D

12. Dslazar9

Me Bias??? Not possible. Busted.:ashamed001

13. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:happy097 :rofl

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy070

15. Allen-Edmonds

Allen-Edmonds Member

16. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

My first job was selling Vienna Hot Dogs out of a cart at the Brookfield Zoo. I had to go to special training to learn to make a 'Chicago Style Vienna Hot Dog.'

Chicago all the way!

17. Dslazar9

Yea Chicago!! First a Stanley Cup, now wer'e kicking A** in the Hot Dog wars!!

18. Luziana_Geezer

Chicago dogs are great, but nowhere near the best out there. There are places in NJ that served some of the best hot dogs I ever ate. Except for markets that sell _gourmet_ dogs, you're in the cold, though, as there are no restaurants that sell any worth writing about.

19. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

James Coney Island in Houston has some of the best dogs available, and you don't have to choose between styles either. Plus, they have Delaware Punch!

20. Luziana_Geezer

That would be worth the drive! I see that I was unclear: I meant there are no restaurants in southern Louisiana that sell a noteworthy hot dog.