Better Hot Dog

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Will, Jun 5, 2007.

?

Better Hot Dog

1. NY

23 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Chicago

28 vote(s)
    37.8%
  3. Other

23 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. azshaver

azshaver Member

Tommy's Chili Dog in L.A. The only thing I miss.

2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

+1 on that...Really seals in all the juice..... Deep Fried Nathan's All Beef....:drool
    Can't believe, New York is not slamming this !!! Although I'm certainly not biased either...;))

3. goshawk

goshawk Well-Known Member

Sadly, the chances of Toronto kicking a** in the Stanley Cup anytime soon seem to be just about nil :(

On the hotdog front, however, the rest of North America is so far behind us as to be undetectable by the naked eye. A Shopsy's 1/4 lb frank, hot off the grill. with mustard and onions and what you will, is absolutely where it's at. In comparison, nothing else deserves to be called a hotdog!

Best Regards

goshawk

4. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Chicago's down now. Come on folks-Chicago people, hot dog lovers, anybody interested in truth and justice-vote Chicago!!:transport024

5. Merkur

Merkur New Member

new york hot dog all the way

6. timj219

timj219 Member

Papaya King is a great dog. So is Nathan's. But the absolute hands down best dog I've ever eaten is from the Hoffman Sausage Company in Syracuse NY. Their natural casing beef franks are amazing as are the coneys (or snappys as some call them). Available in gocery stores in upstate NY but I don't know where else.
    And of course it's mustard and kraut.

7. zimmy71

zimmy71 New Member

Ugggghhhhh why do you people do this to me!!! Im torn I love both but Im gonna have to go with my first love the NY Sabret hot dog with red onions on top. Though I have been on a Chicago dog kick the past month and my cholesterol shows it haha, no more for me.

8. MrLastway

MrLastway New Member

Sweet holy hot dog!

9. Will

Will Nevermind

Im changin my vote, if you have ever been to Tuscon you know what I am talkin bout.

10. saf

saf Member

I live in Chicago, but I just had a Detroit dog and they are good. Chili onions and mustard you can't go wrong

11. helowrench

helowrench Member

Bingo

Had Nathan's 1/4 lb dogs the other night.

Rob

12. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

There's too much garlic in the Nathan's and Hebrew National Dogs.

13. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

This is what I have for my Birthday Dinners,...yeah they're that good! We grill the buns instead of steaming though. (pic stolen from google images)

wvhdcrosssection2.jpg

14. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

What a thought... :1respect:drool

15. revtriplep

revtriplep Member

Have to Go with Nathans

Can't beat a Nathan's on a steamed bun with chili, cheese and onions. Hands down. If you want simplicity, then a Nathan's on a steamed bun with just brown mustard, oh yea!!

16. banagar

banagar New Member

I'm with Sailinblues. My mom grew up in West Virginia and you have got to have the cole slaw. Makes it perfect.

17. Spy Car

Spy Car Member

Top Dog in Berkeley has 'em all beat.

Bill

18. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

a deep fried Hebrew National dog topped with Tony Packos chili dog sauce, onion, mustard and relish.

19. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

20. Steve Mack

Steve Mack Member

New Jersey favorite

These are called Italian Hot Dogs and are found in the Northern half of New Jersey. It's 1/4 of a Pizza bread, 1 but sometimes 2 deep fried dogs, potatos, onions and sweet peppers. The most famous place for these is Jimmy Buff's but they can be found all over North Jersey.

Attached Files: