Beware of Fake Cartidges

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Bronco, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow,

Sure am glad I don't use any of those.....I wonder what company is making the fakes???

3. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Wow.... although with the soaring cost of some of these cartridges, it doesn't surprise me.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Its not supprising that you can buy fake blades. I mean, you can buy fake anything at this point. I thought about that for a second and I dont think I'd like to shave with a blade that I dont know where I came from. Blood born diseases? Sounds like a good way to get one. Other than sanitary issues I dont know If I'd mind using counterfit blades. Can somebody please start making countefit 1930-1970s gillete DE razors please?

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I wasn't surprised by the counterfeit blade idea, but rather the website dedicated to counterfeit blades. That's what my "Wow" was about.

7. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I bet it was started just because one of those people buying the fake blades got angry, got negative feed back on ebay, and than had a hissy fit trying to prove him self right and the other guy wrong.

8. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

If you ask me - let them sell those blades, heck, let them ONLY sell fake cartridge blades, maybe this'll drive people to using DEs again :laugh042

9. denmason

denmason Uncle Dennis

Some of those fake blades looked used......... geez, nasty. Hair and dust and rust on the misaligned blades. Nasty nasty nasty....

10. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Ohh.. that will only drive the prices of DE's up even further :(

11. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I don't care, I have stuff for decades in stock :D

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I get a nightmare if I even think to use a cartridge razor, so I stick to my DE's!