Biotique Bio Palmyra Shaving Cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by Dridecker, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Biotique Bio Palmyra Shaving Cream, wow really good stuff!

I was lucky enough to be given a tub of this cream from India to try out, and in doing so I promised to share with some of the other board members, and boy am I thankful that I was a chosen tester. :signs001

First lets look at all the good stuff in the ingredients list:

Nariyal Tail (coconut oil)
    Arandi Tail (castor oil)
    Moongphali Tail (Peanut oil)
    Neem Tail (Neem oil)
    Khajur (Dates)
    Pudina (Mint)
    Taltar (Palm)
    Parshrut Jal (Purifed water)

This cream has got to be some of the easiest to lather cream I have ever tried. Just a small snurdle of this pearlescent cream will make a bowl full of lather, and it seems that it has a very wide range of water to cream ratio, making it hard to mess up the lather.

The lather it produces is some of the slickest, most cushioning that I have ever used. The lather does a wonderful job of protecting your face during the shave and the skin care properties of this cream are some of the best I have ever felt.

Now the scent of this cream could best be described as scentless or a very light scent. To me, it comes across as a light apple scent, but even that has diminished over time, so I gave this a 5 out of 10 in scent since it isn't advertised as having one. While the ingredients list mint, I never felt anything but the slightest cooling, if any at all.

Price? Well I am like everyone else and wish all the really good stuff was cheap, so while the price may seems a little steep at first, after having the opportunity to try it out I would say that it is definitely worth the cost. This stuffs performance compares very favorably with the English T's I have tried.

I have gone ahead and pre-ordered some from the first shipment. Yeah, its that good!

Billyfergie likes this.
  2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I've never before used a cream quite like this. The scent is very light, but man is it a great performer.

3. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

Some-"Thing" Special!!

Biotique Bio Palmyra Shaving Cream

There is just something special about this stuff. It seems like the lather begins to form the moment this wonderful cream is introduced to water. And what a slick, cushioning lather it is!! Even through a three-pass shave, the lather keeps on giving, without having to add a drop a water.

The shave-ability factor is off the chart, and may be the best out there. Seriously, it really is that good. You would really have to do something drastic to get irritation or razor-burn with this cream.

The moisturizing characteristics of a cream or soap are really not all that important to me because I use alcohol based aftershaves (which counter any moisturizing done by the cream) and then follow up with a moisturizing balm or lotion. So, I am not a good person to judge this one.

The scent is different, not bad, just different. Sorta nutty, to my snout. Something to get used to? Maybe, but there are always methods to scent any cream, so no big deal.

Price? Depends on where you get it, and how much you get. Some of our India based members can find it locally for around $5 per tub. Lucky them! Over here in the U.S., you might get a tub for around $15 shipped. Considering the quality of the product, I think that is a darn good price, and I will be getting more sometime in the near future.

Overall, this is one of those great "unknown" products out there, of which there are quite a few. If you are looking for a shaving cream that simply excels at its job (providing a great shave) without all the bells and whistles that drive the price up, then this product is for you.

Jason

Billyfergie likes this.
  4. sirleanalot

sirleanalot New Member

Ordinary Fragrance Extraordinary Cream

I live in India and yet I had never even heard of this cream until I stumbled upon it today completely by accident. I was out shopping with SWMBO and as usual headed to the men's toiletries section, knowing from experience that there will only be the usual mass market multi-blade gizmos and canned goop but still optimistic of discovering something new. And then the wife came across this gem in the herbal section and decided I deserved a belated birthday present.

I must admit here that fragrance forms an important part of the shaving experience for me. I ripped the packaging open on the way home and stuck my nose into the tub. And I was disappointed. Disappointed at the lack of any discernible fragrance. I sniffed and sniffed and finally caught a faint note of something like cooking oil. I thought I had a dud cream on my hands and all the enthusiasm to try it ebbed away.

First thing I did when I got home was fired up the computer and went on to all of the shave forums, not expecting to even find a mention of this cream. And that was the second surprise of the evening. Every review that I could find praised this cream to the moon. SO I got all fired up again and decided to try it.

Now to the point of this very lengthy preamble - the review!!! The cream lathers wonderfully well and provides ample cushioning. I only scraped the cream off the underside of the packaging foil and even that was ample for a four pass shave. The lack of a fragrance was more than made up by the superior quality of the lather and the subsequent superlative shave. And no irritation or dryness after the shave. Some reviewers have compared this cream with the three Ts. I have GFT's sandalwood cream - which incidentally is a mediocre product even by itself - and it pales to nothingness against this cream. And all this for the princely sum of 180 rupees - around $4. Try this cream if you can lay your hands on it - you won't be disappointed.

Billyfergie likes this.
  5. slickshave

slickshave New Member

A pea size snurlet provided loads of lather for 3 passes and more. Very moisturizing! Tolerated my ill scraping with a straight razor where with other creams I'd surely have had razor burns. The one I received had separated into oil and a thicker glob, so I used a butter knife to mix them. Maybe should have whisked them together with an egg beater, but even so the lather is wonderful. Has a faint wisp of a nutty (coconut?) smell.

6. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja