Blade Disposal Box

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by chrisf8657, Aug 3, 2015.

1. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks. Green is good for me. :)

3. brow_tines

brow_tines Well-Known Member

Looks like they as printed with a 3D printer

Douglas Carey likes this.
  4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

A
    Are they reusable?

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Do you really want to try and shake out the used blades one at a time, then find another container to put those used blades in, just to do it all over again?

gorgo2, Billyfergie and Douglas Carey like this.
  6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good point, I'll make my own.:)

swarden43 likes this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Just made a blade bank out of an empty golf spike container.:)

178-bplatoon and Dzia Dzia like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If those are printed, I'd buy one (at least one) if it were about 3 or 4 times taller with two rings on the back to hold a razor upright behind it.

NCoxSTL and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

They look cute and probably work well, but its not for me at that price. It only holds 75 blades then you basically throw away $3.50:(. The blade dispenser part on top is interesting though. If you could make the blade disposal part on the bottom into an extra blade pack holder(it looks like it would hold two or three packs), then I would consider buying it.:) Then it would be very usable and look nice displayed on your vanity or shelf. At the very least, in its current configuration, the disposal part should have an operable door so you can easily dispose of the used blades in a separate throw away container like an Altoids tin.:)

Billyfergie and Douglas Carey like this.
  10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I like the way you think. The golf spike empty container I just made my bank out of opens, so I can empty it and is reusable.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  11. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I'm confused. (Not an uncommon occurrence). Why do you need a reusable blade bank? Why not just dispose of the blade into whatever you plan on emptying the container in?

178-bplatoon and Douglas Carey like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I will probably do just that as I have a number of empty golf spike containers. I could empty it if I wanted. The container can hold a lot of blades.

cmorris357 likes this.
  14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I use an old vitamin container that would have been just thrown out/recycled. It holds a couple of hundred blades easily. It does the job.

178-bplatoon and Douglas Carey like this.
  15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good idea.

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Readin' my thoughts.

cmorris357 likes this.
  17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My Juicy Fruit container worked but I found this old paperclip dispenser about to go in someone's trash at work. At my rate of blade usage, it has room for at least a year's worth of blades. The blades fit in the hole just right without breaking in half (SEs fit, too) and it looks quite nice, as far as blade banks go. I suppose it's a possible plus that the circular magnet inside the rim could keep blades from spilling out if the thing ever fell over, but I don't see that happening even without a magnet. blade bank.png

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good idea.

19. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

I don't know about other states, but in California, razor blades come under the same disposal laws as needles. It is hazardous waste. You need to use a sharps container, labeled as such, for disposal. It cannot be thrown into the trash. It must be disposed of as sharps. Most county sheriffs offices will accept sharps containers for disposal. At least near me.

Greg W.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  20. 211bma

211bma Active Member

Sharps container is what I use. I get one that includes postage and when (years from now) it gets full no problem.

Jayaruh and 90quattrcoupe like this.