Blade for the HD

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by TiberiuR, Feb 2, 2010.

1. TiberiuR

TiberiuR Member

Hi everyone. This is my first question on this forum. I started wet shaving for nearly a month now. My gear consists of a Merkur HD razor, and a sample pack. As for the software I enjoy using Speick stick or cream. But there's more to try.
    So far I've tried the HD with Derbys, IP(Crystal) and Super Iridiums.

I was wondering. What's the blade that you use with the HD. Since many people have a HD ;), I'm expecting lots of input on this topic.

Thank you!

2. revtriplep

revtriplep Member

Just started using Red Personna's (Israeli's), many have suggested using the Iridiums Supers, ordered some last night to give them a try. Happy shaving.

3. Moe

Moe Active Member

I started with the HD, and it still may be my favorite.

There will be many opinions i'm sure; what is most important is what works for you. I had started with Persona Red, Derby, Astras, Kai, Merkur, 7 O'clock Sharp Edge, Feather, 7 O'clock Super Platinum, maybe a couple others I don't remember.

For me, my two favorite blades for any DE razor I have are Feather and 7 O'Clock Super Platinum.

I typically do two passes and touch up, and I can get 7 days out of a Feather,,,,, maybe 3-5 days out of the 7 O'Clock. I primarily use Feathers at home and keep the 7 O'Clocks in my travel bag.

Good luck,

Moe

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'm really liking Astras and Dorco ST-301s.

By the way, welcome to the Den.
    Come often, stay long, share much!

5. TiberiuR

TiberiuR Member

Tried Astras today. Good blade indeed. But I got minor burn, but that is due to improper technique. I will try again tommorow.
    Thanx;)

6. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Gillette Super Thins
    Astra Super Platinums
    Feathers
    Iridiums

not is any particular order.