Blade question regarding shaving legs

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by Lara Croft, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Lara Croft

Lara Croft New Member

The lady eversharp or any injector for that matter never really interested me. IMO they just don't look as good as my lady gillette or my hubby's merkur. Would it be safe to assume they probably aren't as substantial feeling or heavy? And more importantly I think I have enough razors to play with. Last week I bought a gillette super adjustable for me and hubby to try out...I couldn't help but notice how cool they were after JoAnna/Queen of Blades mentioned using one. And just the other day I found out that I won August's Newbie giveaway, I feel gluttonous. I'm sure after I trying all the nice smelling homemade soaps I'll just want to buy more. I definitely have AD...I was just talking to my husband about how lucky we are that collecting razors is pretty inexpensive. Some of those fancy shave creams cost more than the razors. The Shave Den should have an AD hotline.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    1-800-2ENABLE? :happy097

3. Lara Croft

Lara Croft New Member

:happy102 That's cute. I hope nobody actually tries calling it. I guess calling the Shave Den would be akin to an alcoholic going to a bar for help with their addiction.

4. Queen of Blades

Well, right now, if you call The Shave Den (not that 800 number I made up), I answer, and I'm not much of an enabler, so......you'd be fairly safe. ;)

5. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:think002 Iced SubZero Wheat Cream ring a bell? Sharp brand blades? Should I go on? :D

6. Queen of Blades

I do make recommendations, but I don't hype. At least I don't think I do. :o

7. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Alright, I'll give you that. You let us do the hyping for you after you "steer" us in the right direction. :happy097

8. Lara Croft

Lara Croft New Member

UPDATE: I got my hands on some Sharp blades the other day. I shaved with one yesterday. I have to say that they're my new favorite. I think that the Sharps are a little sharper (at least it seemed that way) than the Derbies, my old favorite. When I used a Sharp it seemed as if there was no blade in it, it was soo smooth, effortless and forgiving. I got a much closer shave on my underarms with no irritation and this morning my legs seem like they're still as smooth as last night. The derbies did a good job but I think the Sharps did an even better job and that's saying a lot because I was really happy with the results from my Derby blades before. My hubby is happy with the results too :). He is going to try them on his face soon and see how they work for men's beards.

I still need to try the feathers...I'd like to compare them to the Sharps.

Additionally, I've been using mostly ToBs creams to shave, but I just got a shave soap from the giveaway that I want to try out. It's the Kell's Original soap Lavender Aloe/Hemp, which if you're wondering smells really good. Hopefully it will shave as good as it smells. And I also just got another soap in the mail right after I posted this from Ginger's Garden. OMG Soapbuddy/Irena what a beautiful smell. I could smell the "citrus pleasures" shave soap as soon as I opened my mailbox. My neighbors must have been looking at me weird because I couldn't stop smelling the envelope as I was walking back to the door of my house. Well done.

9. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

You're very welcome. :happy088

10. Hogrider

Hogrider Member

Blades, blades, blades

I tried the Feather blades and indeed they are very sharp. When I finished the shave, I had at least four bleeders. I still have two packs, I guess before using I will try deep meditation; meanwhile, I am using, with great result the LORD's Platinum Class. No nicks and I get at least seven shaves out of one blade. :cool: