Blades I've Used To Now

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Michael_W, May 17, 2018.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

There is no such thing as a blade working in one razor but not another. There is not that much difference in blades and razors. All the hooey about this blade being a little better then that blade in a given razor is poppycock. Once you get to a certain level a blade is a blade. (Since your new I will add that this is asumming the blade is sharp and no damaged equipment.)

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Bull feathers.

3. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Bulls have feathers? Do they comes from Bull Ganders? :p

Seriously though, I'm not denying the importance of technique. It absolutely is necessary to master technique to get the best out of whatever razor and blade combination one uses. I just simply don't dismiss the realities of material and design that varies among different products. Those really do need to be taken into consideration because you cannot apply the same technique to a Weishi that you would to a Merkur, simply because the shaving angle will be different due to the differences in head design. I've also read that the specific properties of a Feather, for example, were deliberately designed to work best in a specific make and model of razor, namely, the Feather brand. This in no way diminishes the importance of technique, but one does need to keep these things in mind.

4. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Yeah, someone sent me a tuck of the Kai blades and I'm curious to see how they shave compared to the Feather. VDH blades really are dull as f*** and I honestly don't know why a company with a reputation for making decent soaps to go with their re-branded Weishi razors would package substandard overpriced blades to go with them.