Bloomers without Borders (Bw/oB)

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by RyX, May 12, 2018.

1. brit

brit in a box

:D

RyX and Linuxguile like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

99% of the time my soap will get pre-hydrated

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

RyX and brit like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Boys will be boys, whether they are 3 or 63.

Frijolero, Linuxguile and brit like this.
  4. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Was in a bit of a rush the other day and had to alternate off of my longevity evaluation on a new straight razor honing.

Pulled out the Schick I1 injector. Not much that is faster and more maneuverable than this right here. Smallest real estate footprint on the face. Almost impossible to cut yourself. One of the few razors that easily moves from side to side on the neck. No wonder people like these things so much.

The only thing faster than a Barbasol shot in a bowl with a water add by The Blue Ming is Proraso cream in a tube directly to the face.

The Spirit of St Louis 2019 30DC Memorial Deluxe Limited Edition Flat Top Brush got the call. Wet brush right to the cream applied to the face. I think this is the softest brush I have. It really likes a softer soap and works better with painting type strokes. Generates a smooth lather. Probably not something great with a hard soap puck, but I'll try it one day.

Finished up with Stirling Lime AS, which I like because it has alcohol and witch hazel. The Lime scent is not a hanger so a couple of sprays of Piacenza EdT were in order.

Off to work I went. Fast, close and comfy.

20190731_122912-1.jpeg

One thing about the soft nature of this brush is that The Blue Ming is always showing up. Naturally, after the moisturizing help, I have to listen to his closed minded rhetoric about 'bowls are for lather' and stuff like that.

Well, I decided to expand the horizons for The Blue Ming and have him help me with a batch of Maryland Crab Soup.

20190728_183208.jpg

After helping me out with this tasty treat, The Blue Ming now declares that bowls are okay for soup too.

Shave on!

:cool:

BigD, brit, Primotenore and 3 others like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Just to confirm my suspicions, the BM is something like this?
    Blue Ming.jpg

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Sorry guys, but every time I see this thread title I keep thinking it’s a synonym for “Panties without Passports.”

brit, Karl G, RyX and 2 others like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not the kind of high-jinx we get up to here. That's more along the lines of Jeffy and he's no gentleman.
    Jeffy Epstein.jpg You'd think a person with his net worth could keep his appearance up.
    Maybe jail does that to a guy.

brit, Linuxguile and Sara-s like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    A long-overdue award. Congratulations Andrew. @Linuxguile
    Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 21.15.09.png

BigD, brit, Edison Carter and 2 others like this.
  9. Edison Carter

The Blue Ming is an ancient life force who stands for the unassailable truth that shaving soap is better with water.

He does have great admiration for the beautiful vessel displayed though.

10. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Has anyone found the cookies? Did I arrive too late? :signs002:

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's never too late for cookies or blooming. Fresh out of the oven oatmeal and raisin or better yet sour cherry cookies are my favorite. Blooming can be Paul @Paul Turner style - 12 to 24 hours, or a quick dribble as you load your brush.
    Some folks get their boxers in a bunch over the idea. Really it's all just hydrating the soap puck to facilitate loading your brush.

12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Oh, I’ve been blooming for years in happy ignorance of the social stigma cast upon it by some. :) I also mute the points on straights, and use zippers instead of buttons flys. :happy102:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

14. Paul Turner

It's more of the latter, so that'd be 12-24 SECONDS. :)

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

The negative thoughts by disclaimers are just that. They think they aren't blooming but they are. The distinction lies in the purposeful hydration of the soap puck prior to loading. Those of us that proudly proclaim tend to enjoy better lathers because we have softened the soap surface and get plenty loaded.
    Neil deGrasse but it do.jpg

Sorry if I characterized you as an Extremist Paul. Must have been someone else that was trying out a deep bloom procedure.

BigD and brit like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Right...As Vice-President, I've learned that 12-24 seconds is more my style(although in brush-loading, I'm up to about 40 now).

brit and Karl G like this.
  17. Linuxguile

Thank you, thank you! I couldn't have done it with my fans and all of the "little people" supporting me!

ischiapp, Paul Turner, brit and 3 others like this.
  18. Linuxguile

SOTD August 12th [​IMG]
    Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap Edrio#104 Nanjie TTO
    Shark Platinum (6)
    WCS Two Tone Pro '49(27mm, Destroyer Class)
    RazoRock WTP Blue Barbershop soap and AS

Bloomed and bowl lathered:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    BigD, brit, Edison Carter and 2 others like this.
  19. Edison Carter

The Blue Ming wants a setup just like that!

ischiapp and brit like this.
  20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Fellow denizens, please help me welcome our newest member: @clint64
    "I bloom all soaps all the time. [​IMG]"

Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 06.50.16.png

BigD, brit, Paul Turner and 3 others like this.