Bloomers without Borders (Bw/oB)

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by RyX, May 12, 2018.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

And they probably do not like beans in their chili...just saying.

I agree with this...that wasss funny.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  2. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Where is @wchnu ; that’s what I wanna know???:rofl:

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

At work currently.

4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Just finished my 12 hrs for the day. Hope your shift runs smoothly.

Frijolero, Keithmax and Edison Carter like this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have a bit under 5 left. Going well here. Trying to sort these bloomers out.

Frijolero, RyX, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

I thought you were too much of a grumpy instead of a Williams Mug bloomer.

Frijolero, Keithmax and Edison Carter like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I never bloom soaps...and bloomers are one of the many things that make me grumpy!!

Frijolero, RyX, Primotenore and 4 others like this.
  8. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

The world is a better place without bloomers!!!

[​IMG]

FatherofSquirrel, brit, wchnu and 2 others like this.
  9. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

An Open Letter to the Soap Bloomers of America: Captain Benjamin Franklin Pierce once said that the way he made his martinis was to fill a glass with gin and softly whisper "Vermouth" into it. That affinity toward dryness would lead me to believe that he was likely to have been a "non bloomer".( Please do not confuse that with "late bloomer", which I would assume to be one of your members who shaves past 9 p.m.) We non bloomers subscribe to the practice of filling our mugs (you do get the double meaning there for both mug and face latherers, right?) with pucks and then just loudly enough vocalizing the word "water" into it. Therefore, as was done in 1814, I have called upon all of us who prefer to keep our soap dry until use (like the powder in our squirrel guns) to take a lil trip along with Colonel wchnu to once again defend our right to do so. We feel it to be common sense to be constant Paines in your necks. (Some of our shorter members may irritate different bodily regions).
    Know that we will soon be having a party (I'm thinking of serving tea) to elect or appoint our own leaders that support our cause. Afterward, I hope that our newly formed governing body will extend an olive branch (or martini olive...your choice) to you, our brethren across the sink. We hope that we may someday even form an alliance of sorts and share interests such as living creatures and nature, like Beatles and Monkees (but that's an entirely different matter).
    Though I don't know who our leaders will be as of yet, I myself hope to be nominated as our own Master at Arms. (I feel highly qualified, as having successfully administered and maintained a pair of them for my entire life).

10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team

It's a free country (so far). I hope that you can achieve a modicum of membership. I gracefully accept your olive branch as a gesture of goodwill. We enlightened ones always accept the unaccepted. May I suggest a suitable motto for your little club:

Siccum, Magis Siccum, Arida Tantum.
    And as your club banner:
    iur.jpeg

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

There really was a captain by that name?

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, I'm the Veep.

Frijolero and Primotenore like this.
  13. Ijustmissedthe50s

Thank you, esteemed President Primo, for your suggestions and dry sense of humor. However, one of the Ross gals down the road happens to be a graphic designer, and that clever little wordsmith the Jefferson boy have already selected "Brut" as both our emblem and motto (not to mention our official aftershave and sponsor).

Keithmax, Frijolero, RyX and 2 others like this.
  14. Ijustmissedthe50s

Yep, though he's more commonly known as "Hawkeye" Pierce and aka Alan Alda.

15. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Shave soap is like cereal, keep it dry until use, don't want soggy serial or squishy soap!

16. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I happen to bloom my steel cut oats! Hot water actually.

I also add sufficient hydration to make a lather out of my shave soap.

I refuse to dry the soap puck after using just to passify those unaccustomed to the concept of cleanliness and water.

17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I'll bet that's a long list...;)

18. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

The only water I add to my soap comes from a wet brush, I don't dry anything, not even my razor!!!

I eat Cap'n Crunch original.

19. RyX

RyX DoH!

He keeps a pile of these, too.
    pile of bricks.jpg

20. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Is “sousing” considered blooming or is it shunned by both camps?