Boar Break In Trick

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by jay_gatz, Sep 8, 2021.

1. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

It is an 830. I also did the break in method on an older 620 and an omega as well. At least I ordered an 830…

2. jay_gatz

Not a thread hijack at all. I like to get input from other shavers as well. Join in the discussion!

Ron R likes this.
  3. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I break in my boar brushes by aging them on the shelf while I use my Badgers. How long does this take, you ask? I'll have to get back to you...

jay_gatz, wristwatchb and swarden43 like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Sept 11th 2021

Razor: Gillette super speed X1- Mfg 1952, nice smooth milder razor but with a wider Kai SS Blade it brings it up a notch to my liking.
    Blade: Kai SS (2) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. Extra wide by 9/1000 of inch, great for milder razors.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, nice unique scent with excellent lather qualities+ one of my favorite soaps.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm "Viper" boar(1st use) excellent lather generator, great split end smooth tips, great scrubber + great lather painter. [​IMG] this color of handle and feel.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gillette 1952 SS + Kai SS blade.
    Brush collage  Sep 11th 2021(2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    jay_gatz likes this.
  5. jay_gatz

So I stuck with the same routine, sorry I fo not have pictures, but we were late for a friends Birthday party. Same set up as referred to earlier in the post, Proraso Pre, Godrej Cream, Gem Pushbutton, Lucky Tiger Post. Only difference was the brand new 830 Semogue that had been broken in with the soak dry on towel, repeat technique. It worked very well for the brand new brush. It can probably just be used in the rotation like all the other brushes now, and will just get a hair better. Good backbone, soft split tips, definitely a winner.

Ron R likes this.