Bolin Webb?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Jerry-built Hustler, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

I am curious if anyone has tried the Bolin Webb razor handles. I'm mainly interested in the Mach3 handle (R1 and R1-S), but I welcome feedback on the Fusion handle (X1), too.

engrsaks likes this.
  2. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

I used to look for affordable deals on ebay for X1 (red/white, pure black and black/silver) models. The problem here is that these razors are quite expensive and have no power feature. Without vibrations, fusions proglide feels like a sandpaper being rubbed against my skin.

This man over here, shaves with Bolin webb X1 blue. To be honest, the razor looks very bulky to me and certainly not worth the price. AOS razors look more beautiful than these, especially the lexington one.

Edit: The way this man lathers and shaves, his cartridges won't even make it to fifth shave :p

Jerry-built Hustler likes this.
  3. Jerry-built Hustler

The way he lathers and shaves, I'm amazed he has any skin left.

engrsaks likes this.
  4. engrsaks

5. engrsaks

6. Jerry-built Hustler

If you're into the power handles, I could see why that one would tempt you. The few times I've used stock power handles - for both Fusion and M3 - I didn't find they did a whole lot for me.

The Bolin Webb that's really tempting me is the Union Jack M3 handle. It reminds me of Austin Powers's Shaguar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

engrsaks likes this.
  7. Jerry-built Hustler

Yeah, I saw it. I appreciate the guy's efforts to provide information on the razor, but it really sounds like he's reciting PR copy, rather than giving an objective review of the product.

8. engrsaks

Well in that case, you should really go for it. But there is one thing that concerns me a little, the grip seems somewhat uncomfy.

9. Jerry-built Hustler

This is one reservation I have about the handle, actually. I wonder if the width and flatness of the handle will make it awkward to grip, compared to more cylindrical handles. I've been looking for videos that show people using it, to see how they hold it, but I haven't been able to find any.

engrsaks likes this.
  10. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

I have held both Mach3 and Fusion versions. I wasn't impressed by the feel although the design is impressive. The SA was very attractive, I am amazed I got out of there without buying it :) . If they were ever on special offer I would purchase it from a collector's point of view...

11. Jerry-built Hustler

What didn't you like about the feel? Were they too light? Cheap feeling?

SA?

12. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Sales Assistant :)
    It consists of a top metal plate that has been painted, and a textured bottom. This is essentially an upmarket Wilkinson Sword Protector. I would prefer something all metal or resin and textured. I can't really recall, but yes probably light and cheap. They do look good...

[​IMG]

engrsaks and Jerry-built Hustler like this.