Books & Movies of the Month - Jan 2008

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by qhsdoitall, Jan 7, 2008.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Many of us are avid readers and movie lovers. What are you currently reading or about to read? Also, What movies did you see recently or are planning to see? Reviews are encouraged

2. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I saw Rush Hour 3 last week and I am looking foward to seeing Resident Evil 3 in the coming week. Here are some of my additions to library in the past few weeks:

Attached Files:

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

DAMN!!!!!

Your a reading fanatic

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Yes, I admit it I am a reading fanatic but only when it comes to certain types of litterature. Give me a few days I will peer into my to be read stack and see what other goodies I have there. Here is another that I intend to add shortly:

Attached Files:

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

The Waterhorse
    National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Rented Fantastic 4: Silver Surfer through Amazon and Tivo last night and will watch tonight.

I have a couple of books I need to post here that I got after Christmas. Been very busy.

6. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

How long does it take you to read an average length book JB

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

If he's like me, I was reading about 3 a week at one time. That was when I had no life though. Nothing to do except sit in front of the tube with a pipe and a book after work and horses. Now, I'm lucky if I get in 30 pages a day just before sleeping.

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I was on a plane from Texas to NY. This person next to me was reading three books. I find I like to finish one before starting the next.

9. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Can typically go through 80 pages a day. Although I have only gone through 35 today. I typically read as much as possible on my comute to and from the office I love reading and do it as much as possible. I am rather fantatical about reading, I have a library at home which would make your eyes drop out. Here is another one I am going to add shortly. I had a copy, took it with me to the grocery store and lost it, have to get another copy. :mad:

Attached Files:

10. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Oh, I usually finish books, but if they are crappy, I can put them on hold while I read a good one... I think I have only totally quit a handfull of really crappy books, and some has taken years to complete :rolleyes: So I can have a few going at any given time.

11. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

My wife and I can typically go through three movies a week from Blockbuster on-line. I saw Fantastic Four 2, some time ago. Its not what I would call an edge of your seat thriller, there are some more exciting ones out there then this one, but I recommend it.

12. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

To give you some idea of how fast I can get through a novel, I was working on The Killing Rule today and I have managed to read 110 pages in a 24 hour period. My wife and I are looking foward to seeing, one of her picks called the Brothers Solomon.

13. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

In keeping with my image as a movie/book maniac my wife and I saw a movie last night, one of her picks called the Brothers Solomon. A bit silly for my tastes its about two brothers whose father has slipped into a coma and set out to give him a grand son before he dies. They contact a woman via craig's list who agrees to have the child of one of them for $12,000. I am looking foward to seeing Resident Evil 3 this weekend, this one is a bit mroe my speed.

I reading Innocent Man by John Grisham and plan to pick up this Room 59: The Powers that Be today.

Attached Files:

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Here is the cover of the movie that I just saw last night and the movie that I am looking foward to seeing:

Attached Files:

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I certainly have no plans of seeing The Brothers Solomon, but do you consider it nice to ruin the ending for those who might want to see it, JB? Perhaps an edit of your post is in order, please.

16. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

My appologies I will make a note of that for the future use. I have edited my own post.

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thank you kindly.

18. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Another new addition to the library as of yesturday:

Attached Files:

19. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I need to admit to something here. In my inital post on this thread I showed five books that I was working on. In truth two of the five had been completed prior to that post, two I was working on at the time and one was yet to come up. So my post was misleading. I have a not so long comute to and from work which has me sitting all of the time so I have a tendency to like to sit and read while I am commuting, so as a consequence I have a lot of time to read. My son is three and goes to sleep long before my wife and I go to bed and I typically use that time to read as well. So I have quite a bit of time to go through books. Still I can get through a lot of novels.

Is anyone interested in any of the series that I tend to read? I am offering a intro to any of them. This intro will spoil none of the books but will show the environment that the characters are dealing with and will help you get started on any of them.

Some of the series are Mack Bolan which is a high action/thriller series. The Killing Rule on my inital post is one of the Mack Bolan series. Dragonlance is another of the series and is a bit complicated to get started in. One should have an intro before getting in on the series. The book that I pictured above is not a good starting place by any means for a new reader, it won't make any sense unless you read the books before them.

20. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Not a problem JB. You contribute to this thread in a positive way by posting your reading projects whether past, present or future.