Boosters - scents

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by jramire2, Jul 10, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

You can also use a magnifying glass and sunlight to kill insects.....:p

2. Smedley

Smedley New Member

I've heard that it works on stopping the intake of oxygen, or that it works on the stomach somehow. I don't think anyone knows. I just know I have some that is pressed into a chalk shape and it is the only thing that stops the annual ant infestations here. They just sneer at every other pesticide I've tried. It's quite scary how quickly it works after I spread it out in several lines across their little ant travel lines.

3. Zeni

Zeni New Member

What does the Aquarius and June clover smell like? I like the Moss Wood scent. (thanks Josh!) I'm kind of a oakmoss junkie after I picked up a bottle of OakMoss EDT at Merz www.smallflower.com. It's in he women's fragrance section.:ashamed001

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Aquarius smells very similar to Pinaud Clubman, but more subdued
    June clover - I don't know, and the gal at TBBS didn't know either :rofl

The MossWood is excellent :happy088

5. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I spoke with David at TBBS today and he told me that he was working on out details of distributing Booster line of aftershaves and other products through shavingessentials.net. I hope that happens. The prices will probably go up but so will its accessibility. I guess we will have to wait and see.

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

That is good news, indeed. I dealt with David (and one of the gals at the shop) when I bought my stash, they're friendly up there.

7. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Very friendly. I placed an order with him today. I received my JM Fraser and Polar Ice from him awhile back. Definitely nice to deal with. I told him that he could probably sell alot of product if he had a little higher profile. I suggested becoming a vendor here and B&B as well. He sounds ripe for a group buy as well. ::

8. jramire2

jramire2 Member

What does the June Clover scent smell like?

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Not even the gal at TBBS could describe it to me...so I passed on it

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Where on that site is it?

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Charles at QED has some of them right?

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Its not on the site, Rich (as of yet)....and it hasn't been

Not anymore

13. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Some help you are. :rofl

14. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Based on the name, makes me think it's a grassy smell, that or vetiver maybe? I think sue @ SCS has a soap called fairway that made me think about it.

15. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I had a sample of the Fairway cream, last year. The scent was pretty good, wasn't much of any vetiver-ness to it. Basically, it smelled "Fresh", if you will

16. jramire2

jramire2 Member

I sent an inquiry email to shavingessentials about June Clover and some scent called "Jickey" that I found on an old ordering template from QED when I did a google search.

I just got a response that they didn't know that Boosters made these scents and that they've ordered a case of each scent and "any other scents that Boosters Makes that we may not know about". I guess these scents aren't as popular or something so the mfr doesn't place much emphasis on them.

I've asked for a scent description from them if they have it, but if they don't I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on an order for them once it's in stock.

So far, I've decided on Iced Lime, June Clover, Jickey and possibly oriental spice.

Does anyone have oriental spice, what does it smell like?

17. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I have the Oriental Spice and it is along the lines of Old Spice. I like it alot.

18. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yeah, sort of like a Pinaud Clubman, with "spice"

Very good

19. jramire2

jramire2 Member

I'll have to pass on it then. The aquarius is beginning to wear on me, and I've been told it's a clubman clone.

When they have it in though, I'll let you know what jickey and june clover smell like.

20. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I agree, the Aquarius is VERY much like clubman........but smoother/less "sharp"