Brush build along

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by oscar11, Jan 6, 2012.

1. stonyloam

stonyloam Well-Known Member

That makes sense. I am polishing CA over wood, so heat buildup is no problem, but for you, I would imagine it could cause problems.

2. Latherman87

Latherman87 Well-Known Member

Very nice!!! Love the color!!! Cant wait to see that blue blank turned into a masterpiece!! Do you sale the brushes you make? Or do you just more less do it as a hobby for your own personal collection>?

3. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

No, I don't sell my brushes it just a hobby. I did finish the purple 30mm brush. I set the loft @ 58 mm. Oddly enough, my favorite brushes are at opposite ends of the spectrum, a 20 mm finest fan and the 30 mm finest bulb. I'll try out the brush I completed in the build along tomorrow morning and do a post bloom shot. I probably should do a 28 mm brush in finest. Then I'd have everything covered from 20-30mm but I did 2 in 26 mm, one silvertip grade A and one in finest but at least I figured out I prefer finest, lol.

4. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Nice presentation. Learned from it.
    Thanks.

5. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the mess but I shave in my shop. The shave was superb this morning. If you haven't tried La Toja, it's good stuff. The razor is a T.I. with MOP scales. Before and after. ag brush 006_640x480.jpg bloom 001_800x600.jpg

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Oscar, that is as good as any brush I have seen on the market. Hats off to you. You have done an excellent job and an excellent service to The Shave Den by posting this step by step process.

Thanks!

battle.munky and alpla444 like this.
  7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Great bloom on the brush, nice shave set-up by the way

8. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

The bloom on that brush has pretty much sealed the deal for me. A TGN finest fan with extra hair will make it into the first custom brush I will have made, most likely for my birthday. Too bad you're not doing brushes Oscar as I'd commission you without hesitation. Your brushes look brilliant! Thanks for sharing the process with those of us who have no skills like that to make stuff of our own. In my house all of the tools, and especially the power tools, belong to my wife! :ashamed001:

9. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Awesome thread, this should be a sticky!

10. stonyloam

stonyloam Well-Known Member

That never stopped me LOL. Nice job Oscar, love how a new knot blooms.

11. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Great thread, and thanks for sharing your project. Love the step by step, and the results are spectacular!

12. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

I for one would love to learn how to turn handles! We have all kinds of Cedar here, that would look awesome as a handle. If you could use Cedar that is. Or at least coat with something to keep the water from ruining the wood. Wonderful thread.

13. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this. Another great handle. Love the finished brush too. Subscribing to this to follow some day, hopefully soon.

14. Monkeylord

Monkeylord The Lather Lord

Awesome thread and a beautiful brush, congratulations :)