Brush of the Day BOTD

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Boojum1, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

BOTD + DE SOTD, Jan 1st 2022- the start of the New Year, I'm going to try and stay optimistic this year more if possible.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm high mountain silver tip, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrub, great painter.
    Brush collage Jan 1 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday shave, Jan 2nd 2021
    Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Brush collage Jan 2 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

3. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

WCS Handle / Maggards Brown Synthetic [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  4. stuartganis

TurnNShave Synthetic 20210701_140853.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Ron R like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

BOTD + MMMonday, Jan 3rd, 2022, ASRazor shave this morning & a very good shave.
    Brush: Yaqi 24 mm boar bristle Ferrari handle, excellent lather generator, soft spilt end hair bristle, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Brush collage Jan 3 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

6. brit

brit in a box

Mr.EE custom omega 10098

20220103_112927_edited_edited.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ron R like this.
  7. stuartganis

Art Of Shaving / Pure Badger [​IMG]

Ron R and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

BOTD + ASRazor shave, Tue, Jan 4th, 2021
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm lucky dice Tuxedo knot+ Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber, great lather painter.
    Brush collage Jan 4 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

9. stuartganis

Cravingshaving Synthetic [​IMG]

Ron R and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  10. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I'm a month late for DecemBoar but I've decided to focus on my new Jayaruh #347 boar bristle brush this month to break it in. I have four shaves on it and it's already starting to soften up nicely. I love that the knot it short enough to splay but just long enough to have some flop when it is fully loaded. It's my first natural bristle brush and I'm really enjoying it. Being so pretty doesn't hurt!

Jayaruh 347.png

11. stuartganis

Yaqi Synthetic [​IMG]

12. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

BOTD + DE SOTD, Jan 6th 2022
    Brush: Yaqi black marble handle 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, great scrub, great painter.
    Brush collage Jan 6 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves

SRQShaver and stuartganis like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

BOTD + SE SOTD, Fri, Jan7th 2022
    Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, nice scrubber + great painter.
    Brush collage Jan 7 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

SRQShaver, stuartganis and brit like this.
  14. stuartganis

Heritage Eveready 500E / Synthetic [​IMG]

SRQShaver and Ron R like this.
  15. stuartganis

Yaqi Synthetic [​IMG]

SRQShaver and Ron R like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

BOTD + SE SOTD, Sat Jan8th 2022
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Dandelion cashmere knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Brush collage Jan 8 2022.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

BOTD + Sunday Schick shave, Jan 9th 2022
    Brush: Yaqi Mysterious space 24mm silver tip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter. The thinner badger hairs give the softness but with high density knot gives a great scrub also IMO.
    SOTD Jan 9 , 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

18. stuartganis

Yaqi Synthetic [​IMG]

19. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

This brush still catches my eye every time I see it. Such an elegant combination, green and white.

I have been focusing on my new Jayaruh 347 boar bristle brush this month. It's my first natural hair brush and breaking it in is a new experience for me. It's been interesting to see the progression of the hairs splitting and also the knot itself naturally splaying. It wasn't exactly scratchy when it was new but now there is definitely a distinct softness in the tips. Prior to this, I had mostly been using a PAA Atomic Rocket which is not only synthetic but pretty large as well. It made generating lather dead simple. I have always had enough lather to finish a shave and didn't quite get why people talk about loading a brush. Now I get it. I had a shave a few days ago where the soap literally disappeared when I brought the brush to my face. Lesson learned. Although, do natural hair brushes stop using so much soap when they are broken in? I suppose I'll find out.

Jayaruh-347_2022-01-09_1.jpg Jayaruh-347_2022-01-09_2.jpg Jayaruh-347_2022-01-09_3.jpg Jayaruh-347_2022-01-09_4.jpg

20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

The green is very nice to look at and the Cashmere knot is a awesome knot. I have a Yaqi black marble handle one with a 24 mm cashmere knot and it is used daily for washing my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with well over 850 daily uses and it feels better than when brand new.
    I see you bought a Jararuh 347 boar brush, that is one nice looking handle with a nicely broke in boar bristle with all those soft split ends. I use a the 3 day in the refrigerator method for breaking in my boar brushes and I get good results. I was thinking about adopting one of Jayaruh brushes when he had his sale around Christmas time but I have boar brushes now with one in the mail. If you live in the US it was a very attractive sale IMO, but when you add in the exchange rate and shipping I kind of forgot about it.
    As for using natural hair brushes I bowl lather and that way I can regulate the amount of lather I need easily and over time you will hit your brush load time amounts easier I'm thinking.
    Nice brush when it is tailor made by Jim Roe(Jayaruh), he likes making brushes and has a large collection of razors also, I have one of his razor cases he made when I won a razor lottery.

Ijustmissedthe50s and SRQShaver like this.