Brut original aftershave a review.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by mikewood, Apr 19, 2016.

1. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Let me start by saying I am a big fan of all things brut. I like the brand, scent, splash and AS. I purchased a bottle of Brut original aftershave "apres-rasage" because of the shape of the bottle and sadly that's the most redeeming characteristic of the shave "solution" found in the bottle. Now for the bad and the ugly or what's inside. As you may know the splash is the weakest variety of the "American" bruit family of scents and its overpowering next to what is in This bottle. Take the splash and mix it 1 part with two parts isopropyl and two part distilled water and you can get a feel for what is offered here. The nose is heavily scented with Iso. and otherwise weak and it dissipates quickly. I am really disappointed.
    Still, it's a pretty bottle and I will refill the nice glass bottle with either splash from the crummy plastic bottle or the AS mixed 50/50 with witch hazel.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

That is a nice looking bottle. Too bad it's contents are disappointing.

I keep eyeing the plastic bottle of Brut at Walmart. If I didn't have enough AS for the rest of the year, I would have already picked one up.

mikewood likes this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Hunt up a bottle of Brut Special Reserve cologne. It is the closest thing to the original Fabergé Brut aftershave formulation.

White731 and mikewood like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Spot on with the review, Mike. I, too, am a huge fan of Brut. My wife says it makes me smell like me.
    The stuff in this bottle is certainly lacking in the scent department. Having Brut ASB, Brut AS, Brut Splash, Brut cologne, and Brut anti-perspirant/deodorant (the ONLY pit stick I use), this stuff hasn't been used in quite a while.

mikewood likes this.
  5. lance3114

lance3114 Member

I too love the Brut splash... My wife not so much

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

6. Woohog1

Woohog1 Member

It's odd what smells can do, typically the wife is not a fan of brut, however every now and then she says that it reminds her of her father, who passed away when she was still a teenager.
    It's not her favorite scent, but does have sentimental memores for her.
    I wear it for 2 reasons, it's cheap enough to wear daily, and it's got a decent strong scent, so it tends to last a while at work.
    Plus all the old ladies love it, and compliment me :love055:

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's one difference between Joe Namath and me...the QB was a Brut sponsor, and I wasn't.

Woohog1 likes this.