BRUT

Discussion in 'Scents' started by rick, Apr 13, 2007.

?

Whaddaya say ?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2007.
  1. LOVE it !

41.2%
  2. Hate it

23.5%
  3. Never tried it

29.4%
  4. Never heard of it

5.9%
  1. Will

Will Nevermind

OH, I thought he was saying the scent was too strong. Sorry :o::

2. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

Just to add my bit to this topic...

Brut is my first foray into scents. As I recall vividly, it was "Brut 33 after bath splash", and a push up bottle of deodorant, Was there a soap on a rope in the mix? I think so.... This was also the most readily available product from Brut in Northern California at the time, as far as I remember now. Small town, had a few department stores, though I was not buying my own product at the time, it was more of a continual gift from aunts, etc... (now I can see the hint they must have been trying to tell me, hahah) Please keep in mind, the time frame here is circa 1985-1989... From about 4rd grade to 8th grade!

3. I tried this a while back ... I've always been a fan of the Brut scent but I found the aftershave balm to be excessively heavy and greasy. I ended up tossing it :(

4. Was totally unimpressed with this stuff. I walked by it in the drugstore a while back and gave it a go. The scent is not reminiscent of Brut at all and smells totally synthetic - nothing unique or special or about it whatsoever. Kind of like the new Old Spice cologne that's out now .... BORING.

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Thanks bud - I probably would have tried that, and the new OS cologne eventually.........:rolleyes:

There - you saved me some green ::

6. Yeah, save your money. They're both nasty. Invest in more Velva and Old Spice :D

7. Will

Will Nevermind

Einstin ain't got nothing on you. Brilliant!

8. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Impossible

:happy102

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

What are you saying, the dozen bottles of Aqua Velva I have (actually that includes the spanish and italian versions) and the 4 Old Spice Colognes, 3 Old Spice Aftershaves is enough :confused:

:rofl

Running an experiment on Old Spice, to see if "age" improves the quality of the newer stuff :cool:

10. mercV12

mercV12 Member

Good stuff. It's one of my Saturday after shaves - 1. Brut 2. Lucky Tiger. One that I wear because .... I like it. During the week I have to wear what people around me will like, but not so on Saturday. I wear what I like!

11. William

William New Member

70's
    Discothèques
    Big Moustache’s
    Open shirts
    Hairy Chests
    Medallions
    Huge flairs
    Platform Shoes
    Jason King (Below)

Brut :happy102

[​IMG]
    All now gone, hopefully never to return. All that is except for Brut? WHY?

Shudddder

12. Will

Will Nevermind

I re-revisited the Brut.

I don't hate it (kinda like it now).

The wife likes it.

It's a keeper. ::

13. rick

make sure to get some of the Brut ASB.
    Shea butter and other good stuff in it makes you feel good :D

14. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I tried the Brut last time I was in the Supermarket (opened, sniffed). It's been said that Brut is a ringer scent-wise for the Erasmic cream, but to my weirdo nose, I don't get that. I guess it might be kinda sorta close, if I really try to force myself to think that, but otherwise I don't see (smell) it. :confused:

15. Will

Will Nevermind

I had it but gave it to you. :rofl

+1

16. rick

Did you really ?? :signs001
    Glad you did cause I just ran out of my old tube :D

17. Will

Will Nevermind

We traded for the MK Tribute (get in the way back machine Peabody).