Buffalo Chicken Dip

Discussion in 'The Cookbook' started by JimPo42, May 31, 2012.

1. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

This is an awesome recipe for a great dip I picked up and have tweaked over several batches. Feel free to mess with it as much as you want because I don't really like spicy food so it's on the mild side, and so far nothing I've done to it has made it bad just less good.

3 - 12 oz cans Swanson chicken breast (drained)
    2 - 8oz cream cheese packets
    1 - 16oz chuncky bleu cheese dressing
    1- 12oz bottle Franks red hot sauce
    1 1/2 - 2 pounds shredded cheddar cheese

Get a crock pot and soften some cream cheese in it (very important because if you don't soften it first it will take forever for it to melt and not mix with the rest sauces). Pour in all the sauces and mix well. Drain the chicken and dump it in and mix it up. At this point I let it heat up a bit and stir occasionally before adding the cheddar because that takes the longest to melt. Then just dump the cheese in (start small first and add until it seems right). Then just wait for the cheese to melt, it'll start getting the orange grease from melted cheese on top. Then just get your dipper of choice and go to town.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Sounds yumm-o. I'll have to give this a try - except I'll be using the real stuff... Tabasco. That old lady may put that 'it on everything in the Frank's TV commercials but we put Tabasco on Frank's to cover up that wanna-be hot sauce! :happy097:

3. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

Actually after I found the recipe in my phone earlier and decided to share it here, I went after work and bought the ingredients to make it. It's sitting in front of me as I type. Seriously though best stuff ever and never fails to disappoint at parties and what not. Enjoy!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  4. jjadamsfb

jjadamsfb Member

I like doing this with using a roasted chicken from the store, and I put it in a casserole dish and bake in the oven, this makes the top have some texture, great for putting some tortilla chips in.

IAmTheJody likes this.