Burt's Bees

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by OldSaw, Nov 3, 2007.

1. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

OK, what's up with this Burt's Bees stuff? I have searched every Burt's Bees display in three counties and even a few in other states and I have never seen a shaving soap. I've been wanting to ask for a long time but never got around to it. So where is everyone getting this Burt's Bees soap?

Now to top that off, is it any good? I am pretty happy with my Art of Shaving shave soap and have quite a few lined up for when that is used up. Could the Burt's Bees shave soap even be a contender with T&H, AOS, C&E or L'Occitane?

2. jnich67

jnich67 Member

I've never tried Burt’s shaving soap, but I've read pretty consistent reviews saying that its terrible.

Jordan

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Say what?! :eek: You use up one soap before you use any others?! That just ain't natural!! :D

4. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Burt's Bees Shaving Soap is here. I've never seen it in a store, around here they just have small displays. Haven't tried it either!

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Never tried the soap but the Bay Rum Balm is Good to Go!

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yes, the balm is incredible.

The shave soap, however, isn't the greatest. There are a few bay rum shave soaps out there which are truly outstanding.....and if you're looking for a good Bay Rum shave soap, I wouldn't advise trying Burt's Bees.

It gives a good, close shave. But the lather is -> lifeless.

7. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

Well, actually I have a few going right now, but the AOS will be used up first and then I will have an empty mug to fill. I do stick with one product most of the time though.

Since getting the C&E almond shave cream and having a C&E almond shave soap in my Old Spice mug I am really torn as to whether I should use the AOS lemon or superlather with the two C&E products. You know, these are the kind of decisions I like making, either way I win.

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

+1 on the Burt's Bees Aftershave Balm and pass on the shave soap. I have both.The soap will be used in a superlather combo only.

9. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I just saw that Clorox bought Burt's Bee's for close to a billion dollars.

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

There goes the neighborhood. That's OK. Burt's has been real hit or miss for about 18 months now. Scattergun product marketing has taken it's toll.