C.O.Bigelow

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Stu929, Apr 30, 2017.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Used the COB this morning for Menthol Monday...
    IMG_1255.JPG

2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Well..this week is a special one for me indeed! Monday I swung by my local Bath & Body Works and picked up my first tube of COB! Actually, my wife insisted I pick up the 3 for 2 thing...She said, "If you don't like it, you can always give a couple away to friends" So I picked up my first three tubes of COB, with the Proraso New Formula.

I did a HOT water whisker rinse, while soaking my brush. Then;without drying my face; I take a small dollop of cream with my finger tips and rub it into the whiskers on the right side of my face...then another dollop and do the same on the other side of my face. Making sure to rub well ATG!

Now I shake out excess water from my "Best Badger" vintage refurb by Gary Carrington, and hit my face, scrubbing. Lather is excellent. I dipped the hair tips into the water in my sink and hit my face again, this time the lather explodes like an Arko Stick on Steroids!!! Very Cool (no pun intended)

First pass with my Schick F type had EXCELLENT whisker reduction...Almost DFS! Skin felt slick and smooth. I did think the menthol was a little less than expected. So please forgive me. But I shot a little Gillette Menthol Foamy in a cup and swirled my COB laden brush in there just to pick up a little menthol boost... Worked like a charm...

I rinsed my face and hit it with the Menthol foamy enriched brush and the lather was still all COB with just a little more menthol...But it was like heaven. And this second pass was a perfect DFS and BBS in places...

I rinsed my face, this time in cold water, and relathered...3rd pass (ATG) rendered a BBS of the highest order and face was approaching a decent CHILL!

Cold water rinse...dry...and splash with Skin Bracer and my face hasn't felt this good in decades....It took my back to my 20's and teens when Menthol was King in my and my Pop's shave Cave...I remembered going by to visit my Mom and Dad one time and he and I were standing outside and he said, "Have you shaved today?" And I saud "No.." And Pip said "Good! Because there is a can of shave cream on the back of the sink, that has enough Menthol to put hair on your chest!" Of course I just fell out laughing....and went and grabbed a shave too!! Lol!!

Now 40 minutes later....my face is so soft, moisturized, and free of any trace of whiskers....}8^D I think I"m gonna be digging this C.O.Bigelow for a long time!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    RyX, CarlfromMO and swarden43 like this.
  3. RetLEO-07

Welcome to the COB Brotherhood my friend!

Bird Lives likes this.
  4. Bird Lives

Thanks RL....I like it around here already!

5. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Love the scent, feel and glide of COB. For me it epitomizes wet shaving and masculinity (Proraso-esque scent).

In fact, going on a 30 Day Rule with COB, my trusty no-name badger and a Gem Heavy Flat-Top (G-Bar). I know, I should've planned this better for SEptember...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    RyX and RetLEO-07 like this.
  6. Bird Lives

I love the glide and the way it makes my skin feel...But the Menthol is disappointing...I am going to cop some TSD M Bomb and I should live happily ever after with this C.O.Bigelow!!

Yehuda D likes this.
  7. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

I took a brief break from my summer menthol spree and now using only COB for October has made the cooling effect pop much more than I remembered. Distance makes the heart grow fonder I guess.

My only gripe, the great slickness and glide durring the shave leaves a white residue on the razor after the shave. Not a show-stopper at all, though.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I've found most creams will leave a white film more so than soaps will. I just wipe everything down with a towel after the shave. Film comes right off. It becomes more difficult if you let it dry and then try to wipe it off.

ilts and Bird Lives like this.
  9. Bird Lives

Yes oh mustachioed wise one.....I try to follow in your path....I always swish my razor in alcohol and wipe with clean towel....That leaves most razors looking like new....

ilts and swarden43 like this.
  10. RetLEO-07

C O Bigelow Premium Shave Cream for this morning's Menthol Monday shave....
    IMG_1438.JPG

ilts and EnglishChannel like this.