California su... stinks!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Bill, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Ok, so how much is everyone paying for the license plates on their car or truck or bike?

Our Acura is about 6 years old, so the plates on that one were only about $125, but I just paid the fees on my truck and it was $466 for one year. Let me repeat that... one year. Any body else getting soaked like this?

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

We in Austria pay a one-time fee of currently €167,75

3. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Just got my annual plate renewal in Ohio yesterday as well.

$54.00 total. I thought that was expensive... now I know better. :ashamed001

4. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Both our car and our van were $46 each here in Florida. That's for a one year sticker, every five years ya get a new plate, I think that is $3 extra.

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Renewal in SC is $24 for a year, and we pay in two year increments. Then we pay property tax on our vehicles, so it depends how much your vehicle is worth as to how much you pay for registration.

6. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

There is no plate payment in The Netherlands.

We pay Tax for the roads which is based on how heavy your car is not based on how many milage you drive which is unfair I dont make that much a year maybe 9000km a year. I only use the car to drive to work and the gymn.

that nr freaks me out Bill ! but then again I pay 2,30$ for 1000ml -1 Liter of gasoline. I load up with V-power from Shell.

which amounts to filling up my car takes about $112 each time its empty :mad::mad::eek:

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I pay $60 for my plate renewal on a 2006 vehicle.

Mental note...do not move to California!!!!!

Raf

8. bg42

bg42 New Member

don`t know what your unhappy about ,our`s is between $500-700 PA:sick007 then add insurance ,also it dosn`t matter about the age
    Have fun Bill
    Kind regards Peter

9. You should be proud that the taxes you pay to the State of California are going to social programs to support those that don't work !;)
    What better way to redistribute wealth than for government to spread it around ?

10. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

DONT

......................even git me started ! :mad:

11. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

And wait until every road you drive on is a toll road.

That is outrageous Bill!!!! way too much to pay for one year!!!!
    What do you pay for your safety inspection out there? and I can imagine insurance is a ridiculous price as well.

12. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

here's a trick:
    I've got a 1977 Corvette with collector plates. The plates were a one-time fee of $140. The insurance on a collector car is about 110/YEAR. Not a misprint. One hundred, ten dollars and no cents per Year. This is full coverage with collision.

This is in Wisconsin, but nearly all states have some kind of collector program. And you can always find collectors insurance.

California is crazy. Can't meet thier budget, firing a bunch of thier teachers, closing a bunch of thier schools, yet the city of Burlingame has a program (funded with $104,000) that will come plant trees in your front yard. At no cost to you.

And a beer and a rail pour is $11! outrageous! I like exclamation points!

13. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Translation, please... :confused:

Our plates are based on value as well. Last year when I bought the truck, the fee for plates/registration was over $500. Next year it'll be about $400.

No inspections, but every two years we have to have the car/truck smogged. It's mandatory and it's $50. I have old guy discount for my insurance, good driver discount, and loyal customer discount and I pay about $150 a month for the two vehicles that have a $500 deductible.

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    167,75 Euros = $256.65 USD, at the moment.

15. denmason

denmason Uncle Dennis

I wonder where the cost of legalizing illegals to drive in California is coming from?:taunt005
    It costs me $172 for my 1988 truck. Now add in insurance $110 a year.
    Just wait until we see $7 a gallon petrol, don't laugh... it'll get there soon and maybe go higher. Right now I drop $300 a week into that old truck just to get to work.

16. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

costs me around $75.00 per vehicle here in Texas. Neither one of my vehicles is new. and every year we have to do a safety inspection here which now runs 35.00 per vehicle.

17. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

For my 1995 GMC Sonoma pickup- $21 for NYS inspection. $46 every 2 years registration. The only "cheap" cost in living in New York State.

18. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I just looked mine up online a minute ago, and last year on my 1998 Chevy S10 pickup it was $84 tax, plus the license renewal, so a little over $108.00.

The one good thing about SC is that they cap the property tax part at $300.00, so at least it can't be over that. (Of course, then you had those that said it wasn't fair that all those driving a Lexus or big Escalade didn't have to pay more...gee, how tragic!)