CALLING ALL VINTAGE OLD SPICE EXPERTS FOR SOME HELP

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by myles wilson, Apr 19, 2020.

1. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

I've been having a little trouble dating my vintage old spice gift set here. As you can see here, it has the ships with their name below. Now bottles like these would have been from the 30s-mid 50s. In the mid 50s shulton changed the font lettering of "old spice" to a different style. (anything early 1950s and before had the original/old font) Then in the late 50s shulton dropped/removed the names of the ships on the bottles. Now my bottles here have the ships with their names below as I stated before, but instead of having the older/original font inscription of "old spice", it had the new inscription. I assume this gift set was made around the mid 50s based on the information given. My guess is anywhere between 1954-1955. I have to assume bottles like these that you can see in the picture below are rare, cause I think they were not in production very long, I have not seen bottles specifically like mine floating around on the internet except mine, which I scored off of ebay.
    If anyone could help date this gift set for me, I really appreciate it. This is gift set #381

[​IMG]

[​IMG] <====== this font right here, is the font on my bottles. this new font started in the mid 50s and went on. The other font above started in the 30s and went through the early 50s.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

myles wilson likes this.
  4. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

John Beeman likes this.