Calling any other Shift Workers

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Peter Cupitt, Sep 18, 2014.

?

Are you a "Shift-Worker" ?

1. Yes I am (Where's the coffee)

28.6%
  2. No I am Not, I'm Normal-ish

71.4%
  1. Peter Cupitt

Peter Cupitt robe-wearing whale shaver

Just wondering how many (If any) TSD members and visitors are Shift Workers.
    I am also wondering how those of you who do work shift-work, schedule your shave time or "Me Time".
    Shift workers face a few extra challenges physically and mentally due to the strange hours we make our bodies endure.
    I'd love to hear how others handle "Life on the Razor's Edge" :sleep025:

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I haven't worked off-hour shifts since college days. I do recall the challenges however of trying to maintain both schoolwork and a social life as well as a job....
    My schedule today is somewhat more sleep-friendly.

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  3. Peter Cupitt

I daresay healthier too ;)

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Retired...

J.F. Martin and Peter Cupitt like this.
  5. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I work shift. One week mon-fri 0630-1400 (fri. 0600-1300). The other week mon-thur 1400-2200, Friday off with full pay.

Been doing that for ten years now and I begin to loathe the evening week due to the fact that I almost never see my daughter those days.

Pay is too good to just quit for a random daytime job.

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  6. Peter Cupitt

I'm hearing you

7. Peter Cupitt

Another Professional Driver huh? Me too. (Man of many talents)
    I'm guessing you don't miss it a lot? No more "White line Fever" etc

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  8. Kilgore Trout

I don't miss it that much as it took a toll(pardon the pun). I do miss the adventure, danger, and romance.;)

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  9. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Shift worker.. is that the same as graveyard? I used to work graveyard in a machine shop to put myself through school. At first it was work 7 hours and get 8 hours pay. Later it became work 10 hours and get 11 hours pay for awhile.

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  10. Peter Cupitt

That is pretty much it. Graveyard shift is essentially "Night Shift". Where I am there are several different shift patterns EG 3 x 8Hr "Rotating "shifts (one week of each then repeat)(07:00 - 15:00 Day Shift, 15:00 - 23:00 Afternoon Shift, 23:00 - 07:00 Night Shift) OR for 12Hr shifts 07:00 - 19:00 for Day Shift and 19:00 - 07:00 for Night Shift (this might as well be called the Graveyard shift). There are 4 of us doing the Shift Management so we do this roster 7 days a week. It's weird but the bank manager is happy.

Shaver X likes this.
  11. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

I just got off graveyard (1800-0600) after 12 years. Kicking myself for not doing it years ago.

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Me too

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  13. Kilgore Trout

Welcome to the Club.:)

Peter Cupitt likes this.
  14. Peter Cupitt

Hmmmm, starting to look like I'm shaving while most of you are snoozing. Not to mention having lunch about half way through your beauty sleep. There seems to be some retired "shifties" that can probably remember 5 O'clock shadow at 03:00Hrs