Can someone help me identify this Gillette?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jlu77, Jan 30, 2020.

1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Give it a shot. You can always unload it at a later point if it just isnt your thing.

Terry, Jlu77 and brit like this.
  2. Jlu77

Jlu77 New Member

I posted a pic of the other goodie that was also
    Where did you get the metal blade box

brit and gorgo2 like this.
  3. Jlu77

Jlu77 New Member

I am at least interested for now

brit and gorgo2 like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The blade bank came with the set. It may be from a later time. I am not sure.

brit likes this.
  5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Very nice find. I have restored silver plated razors with this method:

brit, twhite, Terry and 2 others like this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

That is my preference an Stirling. It might take several soaks. It works a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

brit likes this.
  7. Jlu77

Jlu77 New Member

I want to thank everyone for all the answers and help. I will stay a member because I find it fascinating. However my wife keeps reminding me I purchase stuff to move it and not to keep it.
    That being said you guys were kind and I will have some more questions in the future because I think I could get into the DE razors. But when I do maybe I will find something more current to get started. As she reminds me daily we have plenty of things around the house and I don't need to collect any more (unless I buy her a larger house).

twhite likes this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I'd at least give the razor a try since it won't hurt it's resale value to see if it is something you'd want to continue down the path doing with another DE razor. If you like that razor you can always go for another and much cheaper after you sell that one later model year Old Type Gillette DE razor i.e. ones without serial numbers made from 1921 - 1930 or so. Just tell the other half the new razor cost you nothing if the purchase is strictly off the profits of the other razor. Without putting a price on the this one you should be able to make back your investment plus more. It is a very doable proposition money wise anyways.

9. Jlu77

Jlu77 New Member

I'm still going to clean it. And give it a shot. I'll post pics

twhite likes this.
  10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I'd also add that cleaning razors doesn't hurt their resale value unlike coins.

twhite likes this.