Canadian Bunny Razor Pass Around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hodge, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

You're in my will DB.........:)

2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The nicer an airplane looks, the better it flies... Same applies to razors I believe. :transport015:

BeShaved, Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  3. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I just started DE shaving 3 weeks a go, and since it is something I enjoy and is no longer a choir like before with the cartridges I'm eager to buy stuff that are of good quality and not those that they cost 200 per razor, I'm sure they are worth it but for now avoiding those. The only reason I haven't pre ordered this razor is because the cost of the blades.... $80 for a SE razor that's all SS equals to me as a great buy as the V2 Rockwell 6s which I have and love shaving with it. If only these SE blades were more common and got close to the price of the DE razors.... I doubt that will ever happen, just because of the blades cost I'm turning my back to this razor :(

BeShaved and Billyfergie like this.
  4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I was thinking in that Chuck Yeager experimental plane kinda way.:drool:

5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Ummm, the razor isn't for sale as this is a private project at this point... :signs002: BTW - blades are about $.70 each and most people get 4 or 5 shaves or more from them. :happy088:

6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Make sure not to ever try an SE injector razor..........ever. Do not search Ebay for vintage Schick razors that can be readily had for $10 or less and provide a stellar shave......:happy068:

7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

8. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Roger, great write up. Glad to see the bunny razor can do advanced yoga moves. (Referring to pic[​IMG] ture) [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  9. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I didn't say to buy immediate I said preorder.... as far as I know the standard one cost 60 and the one with different heads cost 80

BeShaved, Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  10. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Mr blashe's statement somehow reminds me of Iverson's famous "practice" I don't know why....:happy102:

11. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Greater likelihood of me flying a plane 3000 miles an hour than performing that move....... :lyrtuy5:

12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I think you must have this razor mistaken with another. There are no definitive plans for it to be sold and no pre-orders being taken (although a lot of folks would like to see that happen.) This razor is a private project of @twhite who wanted to see if he could make a razor for himself and then made some copies to get feedback from other fans of injector shaving. That is the purpose of the pass around.

It has been fun to read about and follow how the Bunny went from an idea to a highly functional razor in a matter of months. You can catch up on the fuller story if you like. This thread has chronicled the Bunny from prototype to the current version 3. The early reports of people's shave experience are now being captured here and on other threads where the other pass arounds are taking place. :happy088:

13. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Same here. I do like to watch and think they should make yoga a spectator sport. ;)
    I was referring to the razor doing yoga and not you. :p

14. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Oh yes I have it mistaken it, this is the one I was talking of all the time http://www.getsupply.com/products/t...O6kJ2s7CXUjST24z5Lyr8SbHuUJZmZcpdYaAnf48P8HAQ

They do look similar so I got confused, my bad.

15. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Great writeup Roger. The excitement is reaching fever pitch. In a couple of weeks I will be able to add my own feelings.

16. Roderick

17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

18. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

yes I'm enjoying reading up on all the people posting regarding their experience with the SE razor that's alike this one, new ones and old ones. Like I said I'm new to wet shaving so everything interests me, 3 weeks into it and I already have the Rockwell 6s, NT Vigour (Merkur Futur replica), Ideal Russian copy of the adjustable Gillette and a MR3 alike that I got for $15 from ebay shipped. As you see quite the few I have for 3 weeks of shaving, not to speak that I lined up and preordered the Rocnel SE SS razor and just waiting for the slant head 102 shave craft to be back in stock, planning to buy the 101 and 102 Shave craft heads and pair them with 2 Maggard SS handles that I like a lot. So it looks like in about 2 months I'll have at least 6-7 razors or more lol, and I will have to think about building a nice sized display shelf box to put it on the wall cause my bathroom wont be able to hold them..... It will most likely be a larger display in length over 3 studs....

Any ways its fun reading on this razor

BeShaved, macaronus, Rufus T. and 6 others like this.
  19. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Day Two Bunny trial
    [​IMG]
    As I mentioned somewhere, I will be staying with the same preshave routine and shaving soap to keep the variables in check during my trial.
    Having shaved with the Bunny for the first time last night making it the second shave of the day, i didnt have mauch of a beard to shave. When I woke up this morning some 9 hrs later it felt like I had just shaved....my face was extremely smooth from the BBS I had received the night before. I could easily skipped shaving this morning without any issues. Needless to say I broke out the gear and shaved regardless. Two things came to mind that I planned to focus on: keep the proper angle throughout the entire shave and slow down (I find I shave at the same speed as Tom's dad if I dont consciously pace myself). The other thing I did was replace the blade just to try loading the blade with a blade in the razor and it went off with out a hitch.
    I found I have to concentrate with the angle as Im used to the type F or other schick razors that have a turned down handle. Once my brain accepts that the razor just glides. The head design with the raised bump of the blade holder and the OC makes for very little drag or resistance. One thing that surprised me was how great of a shave I get above my upper lip/moustache area. This razor just wipes away whiskers.....no other way I can explain it. The one area that seems difficult so far is right below my chin in that soft area. I think im getting the angle wrong as I felt like I was scraping more than cutting and I did have some irritation afterwards. Outside of that, the Bunny provides a BBS quality shave rather simply and uneventfully.
    I just can't wait to get the razor on its way so the rest of the group can experience it themselves. I will be shaving with it Thursday and then pack it up for shipping Friday to Roderick.

20. Roderick

Great writeup Roger. I appreciate that you are going to cut your time short with the Bunny, but you could use it over the weekend and post it next week so as to give you a couple of more days with it.