Canadian Bunny Razor Pass Around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hodge, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Great write Up..I couldn't have put that Better Meself..:git:

Billy..:chores016:

2. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

We have a new member joining the Canadian Pass around. Please welcome Spud to the group. He is the farthest east, so it works well with our west to east and back again tour.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Too late....packed up and ready for shipping in the morning. Im crazy busy tomorrow and traveling next week so this is the best route for me to take. Ive had three great shaves each better than the last and really want you guys to have your turn.

4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Day three Bunny trial
    [​IMG]
    I did something this morning Ive never done in 34 yrs of shaving...I shaved XTG my first pass. Ive always been a north to south shaver and only really experimented with different directions since beginning to wet shave. The Bunny is really easy to maintain proper angle in this direction for me, compared to north to south and having to be cognizant not to drop the handle.
    Things went so well I changed out the comb to the "not so" and proceded with another XTG pass. This pass I realized the medium comb is probably a better setting for me. I could hear stubble getting mowed down with each stroke that had been left behind with the mild comb. XTG across the moustache area is perfect with the bunny. I can honestly say its the closest shave above my upper lip ever. Even 12hrs later its still smooth to the touch in an area I typically sport the 5 o'clock shadow. 2 XTG passes, no touchups and I was BBS with zero irritation.
    With my busy schedule for the next week or so, Ive decided to get the Bunny off to the first participant first thing tomorrow morning. I will be shaving with my Type B injectors while traveling to compare as I think the Bunny is closest in design to it.

5. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard @Spud.
    Thanks Roger for cutting your time short to let the rest of try the BUNNY.

6. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Just a quick post to inform everyone that the Cdn Bunny has begun its across Canada oddessey. Its currently on its way to:
    @Roderick in northern Alberta. :happy093:

On deck = @celestino

8. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Billyfergie likes this.
  9. jmzeitouni

jmzeitouni Active Member

Good day to all. I just found this tread and this injector looks formidable. Being from Montreal I'm wondering if it's still possible to join this pass around ?

BeShaved, twhite, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  10. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the Canadian pass around.
    Its not too late considering your location and the only other person east of you is a recent participant as well.
    You are required to read and agree to the rules found here : Canadian Bunny Razor Pass Around.
    Keep a watch out on this thread as the Bunny razor makes its way across the country. I will be in touch via pm once it gets closer to you.

11. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

The updated pass around list can be found here Canadian Bunny Razor Pass Around.

Anyone else wanting to be included in the Canadian pass around will have to wait until its return voyage and try it then.

12. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

13. Roderick

He posted it to me. And there were SOTD photos of it that he posted. I think her only had three days with it.

BeShaved, Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Here it is in the box prior to me shipping it. I was in too much of a rush to get it to Rod that I forgot a photo with the razor in my hand.

BeShaved, macaronus, Roderick and 4 others like this.
  15. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Actually Roger, the combination of your occupation and the significance of that truck - I think it's a perfect picture!

Thanks much!
    RT

16. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I'll provide a photo in Sept when we have the truck out on display honoring the 343 firefighters who lost their lives that day.

BeShaved, macaronus, Rufus T. and 3 others like this.
  17. Roderick

Look at that, no smile on that Mug as he is sad to see the Bunny leave.

18. Roderick

Canada post still lists the razor as being accepted at the post office, and the expected delivery date is the 10th. I will continue to use my Schick Injectors until the arrival.

BeShaved, Karl G and twhite like this.
  19. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Excellent write-ups, Roger! Thank you!

Hodge, Karl G and twhite like this.
  20. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was afraid my rush to get the Bunny shipped Friday would only mean it sitting at the local post office until today.

BeShaved, Robyflexx and Karl G like this.