Canadian Bunny Razor Pass Around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hodge, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks for stopping by.:)

Billyfergie, macaronus and Karl G like this.
  2. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

It has been processed through Edmonton and is in transit to Grande Prairie.

Douglas Carey, Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

So tomorrow then?

Douglas Carey, Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  4. Roderick

The possibility is there that it will be delivered today but more than likely it will be the 9th.

5. Roderick

The Bunny has been processed at the post office. I just have to wait to see if it goes out for delivery today. In anticipation of it being delivered I will use my B2 repeater for today's shave.

6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Great choice. The B2 is the closest match regarding angle imo.

Karl G, Billyfergie and Robyflexx like this.
  7. Roderick

The Bunny has arrived!
    [​IMG]

It is beautiful piece of technological functional art. This has probably been said before, but I want to hug it, and pet it, and call it George, oh wait, did I say that it loud. That is a little creepy, but I can't stop handling it and looking at it. I can't wait to use it tomorrow morning. Here is a photo of me admiring the Bunny.

[​IMG]

8. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Nice. Glad it made it to GP safe and sound. You could always shave off your moustache if you dont want to wait till tomorrow to try out the Bunny....:happy068:

9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

That is too funny.

10. Roderick

No I don't think so. It is loaded with a new blade and lined up ready to go to work in the morning.

BeShaved, Karl G and twhite like this.
  11. Roderick

March 10 - Bunny Day 1
    Inaugural shave with the Bunny and the mild comb went very well. Thanks to Tom the inventor for posting the video on loading a blade, the insertion of a new blade was easy. I did have to twist the injector key to facilitate loading and was cognitive of where the blade was while loading so as not to run the blade over the blade stops.
    I shave every day and do a 4 pass routine that works for me and usually end up BBS. When using new razors I use Williams or Mitchell's Wool Fat as they are two soaps I can count on for exceptional slickness and cushion. Today I used modern Williams and it did not fail to give me great lather. If there is one detriment to using Williams it is it's slickness. The amount of lather created can create slickness on your hands and whatever razor you are using. I had no problems gripping the razor.
    The first North to South (wtg) went well with significant beard reduction. It was easy to find the correct angle of the razor on the face and the handle was easy to grip. My second pass west to east (xtg) was smooth as well. My normal trouble areas where I can encounter problems are the lip area and my neck, but this razor handled those areas with ease. Part of that can be attributed to the new Schick blade as most first shaves with a new blade are smooth. We will check and see how it performs on subsequent shaves when the blade gets dulled. The third pass east to west (tgx) is probably my most troubled pass as this is against the grain for a good part of my neck, but it went smoothly as well with no problems. My 4th pass south to north (atg) also encompasses some clean up strokes to get the trouble areas under the chin. During this pass I am prone to get a few weepers if the razor has not been efficient in removing whiskers on the previous passes. Today I needed a normal amount of cleanup passes with no weepers.
    The first shave was extremely smooth. I really liked the shape of the handle which made it extremely easy to hold and keep the proper angle for efficient whisker removal. It is a little difficult to concentrate on shaving when you get distracted by admiring the look of the razor.
    The one annoyance I found was with the large gap where the injector key fits can hold some water when you rinse the razor and when bringing the razor to your face for the next stroke, the water will pour out splashing on the counter top and/or your body and the floor. This is easy enough to counter by just turning the razor sideways before starting the next stroke.
    My first impression is that this razor works as good as it looks. I am DOLPHIN SMOOTH. Kudos to @twhite for creating this masterpiece and allowing use to use and evaluate the razor.

[​IMG]

BeShaved, Hodge, Billyfergie and 5 others like this.
  12. Roderick

March 10 - Bunny Day 1
    Inaugural shave with the Bunny and the mild comb went very well. Thanks to Tom the inventor for posting the video on loading a blade, the insertion of a new blade was easy. I did have to twist the injector key to facilitate loading and was cognitive of where the blade was while loading so as not to run the blade over the blade stops.
    I shave every day and do a 4 pass routine that works for me and usually end up BBS. When using new razors I use Williams or Mitchell's Wool Fat as they are two soaps I can count on for exceptional slickness and cushion. Today I used modern Williams and it did not fail to give me great lather. If there is one detriment to using Williams it is it's slickness. The amount of lather created can create slickness on your hands and whatever razor you are using. I had no problems gripping the razor.
    The first North to South (wtg) went well with significant beard reduction. It was easy to find the correct angle of the razor on the face and the handle was easy to grip. My second pass west to east (xtg) was smooth as well. My normal trouble areas where I can encounter problems are the lip area and my neck, but this razor handled those areas with ease. Part of that can be attributed to the new Schick blade as most first shaves with a new blade are smooth. We will check and see how it performs on subsequent shaves when the blade gets dulled. The third pass east to west (tgx) is probably my most troubled pass as this is against the grain for a good part of my neck, but it went smoothly as well with no problems. My 4th pass south to north (atg) also encompasses some clean up strokes to get the trouble areas under the chin. During this pass I am prone to get a few weepers if the razor has not been efficient in removing whiskers on the previous passes. Today I needed a normal amount of cleanup passes with no weepers.
    The first shave was extremely smooth. I really liked the shape of the handle which made it extremely easy to hold and keep the proper angle for efficient whisker removal. It is a little difficult to concentrate on shaving when you get distracted by admiring the look of the razor.
    The one annoyance I found was with the large gap where the injector key fits can hold some water when you rinse the razor and when bringing the razor to your face for the next stroke, the water will pour out splashing on the counter top and/or your body and the floor. This is easy enough to counter by just turning the razor sideways before starting the next stroke.
    My first impression is that this razor works as good as it looks. I am DOLPHIN SMOOTH. Kudos to @twhite for creating this masterpiece and allowing use to use and evaluate the razor.

[​IMG]

BeShaved, Billyfergie, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  13. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Great write up and descriptive review. Glad you're enjoying your Bunny time. :happy036:

14. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

The and I mean your avatar really starts to make sense.

BeShaved, Billyfergie, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy102:

BeShaved, Hodge, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  16. Roderick

Friday March 11 - Bunny Day 2
    My evaluation is to use each comb and test the differences. Today I went with the NOTSO comb and I find that it is efficiency, not aggression that changes. It is still the same smooth shave as yesterday, but with less effort to get the trouble areas clean shaven. For myself, shave soap is one of the most important keys to a good shave. The Tabac gives excellent slickness and let's the razor do it's work. I did the same 4 passes, but with less touch ups than yesterday.
    The one thing that stands out for me is "glide". I have a bit of a turkey neck (age and weight loss attribute to this) and with some razors it is difficult to do the XTG passes. Much concentration is needed to shave this area efficiently without aggravation and nicks & /or weepers. Some of the Schick razors handle this ease and most SE razors do as well. The Bunny just glides through this area with no problem.
    Again Dolphin smooth and AGAIG.

17. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Great write up! I'm very happy you're enjoying the Bunny ride! :)

18. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Roderick you can always try shaving your neck in this position, but I really wouldn't suggest it being over 21 and all. :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    Jayaruh, BeShaved, Hodge and 3 others like this.
  19. Roderick

With all the blood running to my head there would be no need for skin stretching. The smallest mistake would end up a blood bath.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    BeShaved, Karl G, Robyflexx and 2 others like this.
  20. Roderick

Bunny Day 3 - take a walk on the Wild side.
    Some general comments on the first two shaves;
    While the first shave with the Mild comb face me a great shave, the staying power was not there. In the reality his shaves I get, I find that 12 hours later I will have very little growth and it is not irritating. The evening after the shave with the mild comb the growth came in quite heavy and was sharp and irritating. I did not mention this yesterday as I wanted to see what the result was with the NOTSO comb. The difference was like night and day, with very little growth after 12 hours and no irritation, much the same as the result I got with the B2, the day before the Bunny showed up.

Today's shave with the Wild comb went well. I had a great lineup of software and hardware to support the Bunny. The Henri et Victoria soap is a great performer with wonderful performance and scent. The Rubberset Vintage Pure Badger has the softest tips of any of my brushes except the Plisson Synthetic.
    The wild comb does make a difference and you can feel it right away and you feel like you want to strive for your closest shave ever. It did clean up my trouble areas, but while concentrating on those, I neglected my lower neck which feels a little rough. I will see how my face feels later in the day.

Of course, this is day 3 with the Schick blade and there will be some blade dulling, but not enough yet to make much of a difference in the shave. I do have some irritation after the shave and I think better technique and a lighter touch are needed with this comb

[​IMG]