Canadians, talk to me about ordering from the US?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Salty Belle, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

What are the pros, cons, trials, tribulations, rewards etc...speak your mind as this inquiring mind wants to know:)

2. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

From businesses or from private individuals?

Never had issues ordering from businessess. Most now have a Canada tab that converts currency and updates shipping. From individuals, outside of some great folks Ive met along the way, typically are reluctant because it takes time and effort. Its where most every other countries differs from Americans in my experience. An American will say "nope too much hassle". A Canadian will apologize for taking too long to get to the post office:D

Rusty blade likes this.
  3. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

From a business. Is there a price point you will get hit with import fees? And how reliable to you find USPS First Class International?

4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

This hurts :

$1.00CDA=0.732375 USD

All is is good except tariffs and duties.

Rusty blade and Spud like this.
  5. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I deal exclusively with Fendrihan. Buying within Canada keeps it simple for me.

Rusty blade likes this.
  6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

When it comes to new shave products I'll purchase from the "free shipping if you spend x amount" typically $50-60.
    Ive never had a order lost that was shipped via USPS although Ive had some long waits.

Rusty blade and Spud like this.
  7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Mens Essentials is the other one Ive used recently (had the best black Friday deals).

Rusty blade likes this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I don't know abou Canada but when i have items shipped to Korea there is never an import fee regardless of price. They are looking for designer bags and similar items only.