Candle Warmer/Lather warmer...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Brian, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

Sitting in the library yesterday, I noticed SWMBO's candle warmer. It is about the size of a shave cup in depth, and just a little bigger around then a puck of Williams. It plugs in and heats a candle to release the fragrance without having to light the candle. My idea, which once she heard, quickly told me no, snatched the warmer from my paws and fled the room was a simple solution to keeping our lather warm.

Mantic59 shows placing your cup in the sink filled with hot water, or alot of us have scuttles. But my idea is to whip up the lather in the candle warmer. It would keep the heat in, without over doing it. It should be liquid proof due to the warning it can melt wax, so you shouldn't have to worry about getting shocked.

Plug it in, and bam, nice warm lather threw out the shave. When done, rince, and repeat as needed. How far off do I sound with this idea? For now, SWMBO says no. But if any of you has a more adventurous wife, and you try this, I'd like to hear how it works.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I think others have done similar but I can't recall who nor what their results were.

3. Brian

Brian Active Member

(SIGH) I guess it's true then, there is no such thing as a new idea. And I thought I was unique in my thinking. Or is this one of those times "Great Minds think alike" kind of deal?

If you happen to remember if it worked perhaps you could drop a note to the wife, telling her it's safe. I talked her into joining here today so she can quit asking me about D/E shaving for ladies and ask someone who knows. She's on here as CRS.

Thank you

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    She needs to introduce herself!

And we'll be happy to answer any of her questions we can, of course.

5. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea (cause who doesn't like hot lather), and I feel that my SWMBO would react about like yours. :D

6. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Would be neat to know. I have no idea how hot they are never seen one in my life just oil diffusers which you place oil it and it warms up to give off the scent. Probably a similar idea.

Could use an old lava lamp bottom. Probably not done before :D

7. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

This is the first time I've ever heard of a candle warmer. I wouldn't think there would be a risk of shock because of a lather loaded brush.

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

Update on this idea. I got the wife some of the smell good wax stuff that goes into the warmer. Well, we found out it was not a sealed container as the wax melted all out onto my nightstand. (Still unclear just why she sat it there instead of her side, she came in and told me about it while I was in the shower. Once again, unclear as what I was to do about it right at that point but....)

So perhaps once it is cleaned up from all of the melted wax, I may be able to talk her into letting me have it for lather, but am thinking if it melted solid wax that quick, how quick would it dry out the lather?

Perhaps a test run when she's at work.....

9. Brian

Brian Active Member

Not only would you have hot lather for your shave but some funky psychedelic flashbacks of the 60's and 70's. Hmmmm thinking back to when I was small and the Lime Green Leisure Suit my folks dressed me in, perhaps we should just skip the lava lamp idea and anything to due with the 70's:happy102

10. drewby1115

drewby1115 New Member

If you type in atomic scuttle in a search engine like google there is a thread in another forum closely related and they show their results of using a mini crock pot to heat lather.