Carbide Mike is in the hospital

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by PLANofMAN, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Praying

Enrico likes this.
  2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Thanks, for letting us know, Ryan. I'll be praying for Mike.
    Please let us know of any changes.

RyX, Tdmsu and Enrico like this.
  3. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

On my prayer list......

Tdmsu likes this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thanks for the post, Ryan. I don't really "know" Mike, but still sending prayers for his recovery.

RaZorBurn123 and Tdmsu like this.
  5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Wowsers! He told me about this back in December, during the raffle... He said back then that he almost didn't make it when it had first happened.

Total bummage. I am praying for you pal!

6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Oh no! I knew of his past health issues, but this is very bad news. Thanks for informing us, and I hope his condition will improve again soon!

7. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I'm shocked by this bad news about Mike! Sending best wishes and prayers to him and his loved ones.

8. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Will keep him in my thoughts.

9. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

This is sad to hear, always enjoyed Mike's comments and posts here at TSD. I'm not a religious man so I don't pray but will keep Mike in my thoughts and send some positive energy his way, and best wishes to his close friends and family.

10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I do not know him well, but I am still dismayed to learn of this. I hope there is help for him.

11. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  12. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

I will pray for him and his family. Gotta be a tough situation for the family.

13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Yes, he told me the same thing.

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sorry to hear this sad news. :(

15. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

I do not know CarbideMike very well, but I'm sorry to hear that. Best wishes to him and his family!

Yehuda D likes this.
  16. DaltonGang

I will, give him and or his family a call today. I've got his cell number. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I have been in contact with someone close to Mike and have some news about him. He does not have an infection any more from when caving, that was treated almost two months ago. He is unresponsive, on a ventilator, feeding line, heart monitors and plasmapherisis. Doctors think it's what's called a Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction from the massive die-off of the infection. (A Jarisch–Herxheimer reaction is a reaction to endotoxin-like products released by the death of harmful microorganisms within the body during antibiotic treatment. Efficacious antimicrobial therapy results in lysis of bacterial cell membranes, and in the consequent release into the bloodstream of bacterial toxins, resulting in a systemic inflammatory response.) His brain cannot remove the dead microbes which produced a neurotoxin that has him "locked in". Doctor's do say he is still there, but unable to communicate. Also, a blood transfusion will not help any. Any more news and I will post it here.

PLANofMAN and Spyder like this.
  18. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. That is very worrying news. I sincerely hope he will get out of this in a good way!

By the way, I really enjoyed Mike's contributions on TSD, and the few PM conversations we had here.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  19. DaltonGang

Ok. I won't bother the family, for any updates. It sounds like they are dealing with enough. :(

jimjo1031 likes this.
  20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I'm so sorry to hear about Mike's condition. I have been wondering why he was no longer posting. I'll keep him in my prayers.

jimjo1031 likes this.