Cartridge Prices UNREAL!!!

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Jason1977, May 28, 2011.

1. xCarbonSteelx

xCarbonSteelx Well-Known Member

I'm with you on that one! Like everyone has said and repeated here, the cost of a cartridge is ludicrous. I'm glad I stumbled upon this hidden gem called the safety razor!

2. AABCDS

AABCDS Member

I know that traditional wetshaving has shaved people money since cartridges cost so much but, unfortunately, this was not my experience. Due to various ADs, soaps, razors, brushes, and now creams, I've spent more on shaving stuff since May than I would have had I stuck with cartridges for the rest of my life!

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. fatkid

fatkid Well-Known Member

Yes the problem of getting into wet shaving is the trial faze. But once you find you favorite goto stuff. The cost will decrease unless you become an.......addict:)

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

It is not an addiction, it is a beneficial wellspring of shaving product acquisitions, I say! It is not an ... an .. an addiction! :p

BassTone and swarden43 like this.
  5. Vince

Vince New Member

That's how it is for me, at least with the razor, blade, and brush. When I buy another razor or brush (which I seldom do), I'll sell the one I enjoy less. I do like having several soaps, creams, and colognes on hand.

6. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

Agreed, the prices are ridiculous. It's funny how the subject of Target once carrying the Proraso line, came up. While some here have come to DE/SE/straight shaving by way of an escape from the black hole of cartridge razors and the drain this has on one's wallet, I first came to DE shaving when Target dropped the Proraso line. Frustrated after visiting two local Target stores, I jumped online and found Razor & Brush with Gio's old store, and later TSD. I didn't even know you could still shave with DE razors, and the price difference per blade was very inspiring. So with some help at the R&B forum, a phone call with Giovanni and an eBay win for a Gillette "Slim," I was well on my way to better shaving WITH a brand new tub of Proraso to boot! .....though I miss going to a physical store and purchasing a quality shave item along with other things I need.

It is sad that so many great products have gone by the way side over these last few years. Unfortunately many of these revered products went the way of the passenger pigeon before I really got into it: Proraso Red, Gillette "Swede" blades, and don't forget the reformulation of some classic shave soaps.

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. Price is what it took for me to snap out of it and say "wait, I don't go with the flow on coffee, cars, or beer... Why should I stick to the Fusion carts like everyone else?"... Then I found TSD. All was well.