Cartridge razor appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Darkbulb, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Don't you have both? :)

PatrickA51 and engrsaks like this.
  2. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

Nope :(

PatrickA51 likes this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Lookie what I got today! I am very happy with my purchase!! I'll use it Monday, I shaved my head today with the Vector. This is a nice Gillette Atra handle. :happy036:
    image.jpg

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Shiny!

PatrickA51 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

Filter...:p

PatrickA51 and Darkbulb like this.
  6. engrsaks

Today :

Schick Exacta II disposable razor
    Noxzema original shave foam (mmmmm menthol :) )
    Gillette synthetic brush
    Axe Apollo AS lotion
    Lacoste Original Perfume (the pine! :D )

Cost/shave = $0.15
    Shave result = DFS
    No. of passes = 2 (as always)

PatrickA51, Darkbulb and Billyfergie like this.
  7. engrsaks

Today I had a wonderful and my best ever hybrid shaving experience :

First pass :
    • Gillette mach 3 original cartridge loaded on mach 3 nitro power razor
    • Palmolive classic shaving cream (wonderful scent of palm)
    • Omega Syntex brush
    So, after my first pass with Mach 3, there was still micro-stubble left on my face.

Second pass :
    • Fusion proglide regular shave gel (applied some with hand)
    • Panasonic Nano Arc-III electric shaver (BBS achieved in a single pass without needing to go over again)
    • Gillette cool wave AS lotion

Panasonic really is the "Rolls Royce" among electric shavers. No irritation, burn or stinging sensation after applying AS lotion. Its all thanks to one of my great friends at TSD, who advised me to do this.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    PatrickA51 likes this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

I used this setup for my head shave today, the worst shave I've ever had! These blades are junk! It's going to take my poor head a couple of days to heal. :angry019:

9. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

That's an unfortunate way to take your handle for its maiden voyage. I guess some of those off-brand carts are pretty funky. Let your head recover, do it again with a Gillette cart, and you'll be singing its praises again in no time.

10. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

When I was in maui a few weeks ago I used a schick handle and multi blade.cart along with Shave secret shave oil...it Made an ok travel kit... it seemed to take many passes. Using straight razors seems to be much more efficient shave..fewer passes and closer shave especially if I do a DE cleanup.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  11. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I've been hearing good things about the Feather M3 and FII. I'm this close to trying the FII.

12. engrsaks

Indeed, gillette's own blades are the best in every department (wilkinson sword's too). I stopped using treet swift II blades when test shaved with Gillette trac II disposable.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  13. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

My wife had her Right knee replaced on June 17,2014, She's just really starting to get now. She is not needing to walk with her cane as much. Goo luck.

Dzia Dzia and engrsaks like this.
  14. engrsaks

You won't be disappointed. I've heard many good comments on both F-II and MR-III. The only issue you might face, is the issue of refill packs availability.

CyanideMetal and PatrickA51 like this.
  15. PatrickA51

I like using my brush and shaving soap in the bowl.
    I have both Edge Gel Shaving Cream and Gillette Fusion Sensitive Skin Shaving Gel in the can. I use them but I prefer to use my Shaving Brushes and Shaving Soaps in the Mug. I get better coverage on my face.

Darkbulb and engrsaks like this.
  16. PatrickA51

I have to agree with that statement.

Jerry-built Hustler and engrsaks like this.
  17. engrsaks

Same here, why not just purchase a whole new cartridge razor?

18. PatrickA51

The other day some one asked me why I went to the Gillette Fusion Flex Ball Razor. I get a good shave with it. No Nick's or Weeper's or Razor Burn. I have gotten so far 14 shaves out of the razor blade I am using now. I usually change blades in maybe 5 to 7 shaves with a DE/SS Wilkinson Sword Blade. I got a coupon for $5.00 off the price of any refill package I buy. They got the 8 pack on sale at the market for $9.99 so I will buy that refill pack. It's normally $19.99 for 4 pack. and $25.99 for the 8 pack. The Gillette Fusion Disposable Razors are $6.99 for a 2 pack, and the Schick Extreme 3 are $12.99 for a 6 pack of the disposable razors.

Jerry-built Hustler and engrsaks like this.
  19. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I barely shave anymore, but when I do; I want the best. The only cartridge razors that are worth anything to me are the Bic Disposable and Gillette Good News. The others are garbage to me. My dad swears by the Mach III though. I gave him my Mach III that he uses that one as a travel razor.

20. engrsaks

The orange gillette Fusion (not the fusion proglide) has never satisfied me with its mileage, price and shaving quality. I am sure it was a misstep by Gillette. Over here, pack of 6 fusion proglide blades costs only $17 :D. I am purchasing all the 6 pack of proglides as fast as possible because I know this offer won't be here when the next stock arrives.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    PatrickA51 likes this.