Castle Forbes Creams - Different Technique?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by DMS, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Well I broke down and bought the CF Limes Shaving Cream AND Aftershave Balm in Lime too.

Yes folks.. Castle Forbes will be added as an aftershave to my SUPER LIMITED EXTRA SPECIAL Aftershave Club. It only have 3 members.. Trumpers Skin Food being the #1 Seed. The other one shall remain nameless until a certain enabler tells me the order is on the way.. :rofl

2. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

I just bought the Lavender myself from someone on SMF. :D

3. woodsrider

woodsrider New Member

I have all three of the CF creams -- the lime, the lavender and the newer cedarwood & sandalwood. Like many others, I begin by loading a fairly dry brush by swirling it in the cream....very similar to loading a brush from a harder soap. If you are worried about getting water in your cream, you can always hold the tub upside down to load the brush.

The cedarwood & sandalwood has gotten a bad rap by some due to the scent of the cream while in the tub. However, when lathered and exposed to some warm water, the scent really opens up nicely. It's not a sickly sweet scent, but a nice, dry woody scent.

The CD creams are good stuff -- I like all three of mine.

4. DMS

DMS New Member

I loaded up in the tub with a fairly dry brush today and got fantastic results, re-wetting the brush as needed once it was loaded. The lather just kept on coming and I even did a 4th pass because I didn't want to stop.

I'm loving the CF Lavender cream.

5. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I really hope my CF arrives this week.. the hype is overwhelming!

6. woodsrider

woodsrider New Member

Excellent, Dave! I might have to use my lavender today come to think of it...

7. DMS

DMS New Member

You won't be sorry :happy088

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Its everything it is said to be. This morning my CF had bacon and eggs waiting for me after the shave :)

9. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Creeeeepy.

10. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    What the heck.... I got jipped. Mine never makes breakfast :mad:

11. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

You should see what my Coates does for me :p

12. sparky5693

Administrator
    I keep wondering if coate's really exists. In the south we have a little game we like to play called "snipe hunting", and i'm beginning to think they have a lot in common. :D

13. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Coates Lime is coming to my door. If it paints the house I'll rent it to you Bobby.

14. sparky5693

Administrator
    promises promises

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Nobody wants to see that.... :eek: