Catie's Bubbles

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ps1160, Nov 24, 2014.

1. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Just rub it in why don't you...LOL. It's a very nice handle. I'm currently looking at the SS satin finish razorock handle on Italian Barber. I think it might pair well.

2. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

I just checked with him and he doesn't have any right now, but I think he will make more at some point.

3. JR Reyes

Not a problem...thanks for checking.

4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I read some good things about Catie's while researching. There's another with a stallion on the lid that is highly regarded as well.

ps1160 likes this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have Catie's Bubbles Sandalwood in my rotation. In fact I used it for this mornings shave. It is a soft soap that's very easy to lather providing a very good, slick and protective shave. I really like the scent, pleasing but not over the top. Overall it is one of my favorite soaps.

Clint

Omelmad and ps1160 like this.
  6. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

7. JR Reyes

Thanks a ton for the heads up. I jumped all over this and have one on order. Looking forward to it based on the positive feedback.

I appreciate it...Phil.. (enabler)

ps1160 likes this.
  8. JR Reyes

I can now report that I have indeed tried Cattie's bubbles soap. I received a couple samples from some generous members thank you gents and tried both Spanish Holiday and Orange Grove scents.

I will tell those of you who haven't tried this brand, that it's the real deal! The texture is pretty soft, but the lather literally explodes.

I recently ordered the mile high menthol, and will be sure to provide a detailed review.

RaZorBurn123, Tattoobob and Chuck F like this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I just orderd my first tub of Catie's Bubbles! Jardin D'Or..:happy036:

10. JR Reyes

Get ready for another winner Kerry. I checked the tracking of my tub and it should be here tomorrow which is perfect timing for Menthol Monday! I can't wait.

I think this soap maker (Chris), has a great product and will consistently top the favorites list of those who give it a shot.

RaZorBurn123 and ps1160 like this.
  11. ps1160

ps1160 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried that scent, but you can't go wrong with the performance. Lather builds in less than 10 seconds, partly because it is so soft. Enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  12. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

I've received some money for Christmas and of course I NEED more soap.

2 that I ordered were caties bubbles ocean grove and rosee du matin.

ps1160 and JR Reyes like this.
  13. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I used my first Catie’s Bubbles soap today, La Terre Verte. I was not disappointed. All the rave reviews are spot on. After loading my brush for 20 seconds, I had more than enough great thick, slick, cushioning later for three passes. It is a soft soap/croap and a tad bit softer than some. It will be sticking around!

The jar is packed with a full 8 ounces of soap.

Scent: “A gentle, earthy mix of oakmoss, sandalwood and patchouli in our slick and protective french style formula.”
    Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate, Glycerine, Fragrance, Patchouli Essential Oil.

[​IMG]

14. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I received a PIF consisting in part of a sample of Catie's Bubbles. I was very impressed with it's lathering abilities and quality. If I didn't have enough soap to last 2 lifetimes it would surely be on my buy list.

crackstar, ps1160 and clint64 like this.
  15. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I just finished my third excellent shave with the LPV. This was my 6th day with this blade too, a Gillette Spoiler SS. I found that I need to cut way back on the loading from 20 seconds to 10. While this is a croap/soft soft soap, it is very soft, heavier on the cream side than the soap side. I believe I have it dialed in now for me.

[​IMG]

ps1160 and clint64 like this.
  16. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Some members helped me choose catie's bubbles for my next soap, so I've got some Glace Herbe on the way! Excited to finally get ahold of this soap. It might take a little extra time to get it up to the Great White North (The Southern part of it, anyways) but I'll put my thoughts up when I get it.

17. JR Reyes

Very soft texture, and extremely easy to lather. The 8oz. Tub is filled to the top, so you will get your money worth for sure. Congrats.

18. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I just had my sixth shave with the Catie’s Bubbles La Terre Verte. It just gets better. I have it dialed in for me. It is much more like a cream in a jar, like TOBS, than a soft soap. You just need to swirl your damp brush for 10-15 seconds for enough soap to lather up for 3+ passes.

[​IMG]

ps1160 likes this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I, too am a big CB fan. I just received a Mile High Menthol yesterday and it's on the menu for today's shave. The lather is exquisite; the scents are unique; the tubs are generous; what's not to like? The Le Piment de la Vie aftershave splash is also a great product. If you haven't tried them, they're worth it.

~~~~
    Primo

crackstar, ps1160 and Bobcat like this.
  20. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

After all the hype on here about Caties, I ordered the Rose thinking if I did not like it the wife would. I thought it was ok but certainly not one of the best. My wifes comment was. We have much better soaps so here, you can have it back. Neither of us were impressed

crackstar, BigMark and Porter like this.