Catie's Bubbles

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ps1160, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Maybe time to give some actual roses to Kerry your girlfriend :)

Omelmad likes this.
  2. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Hahahaha your twisting my words haha

3. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

After using CB for a while I've found its a very good soap. I like it a lot. But i still can't put it as a top tier soap. It doesn't have the skin care properties to make it a top soap.

I still put tiki, stroppe Shoppe, and mikes natural ahead of it.

But i do like it and will probably buy more CB soaps.

ps1160 and Porter like this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

With SO many options around why would you buy a soap again that you know you place at least 4th of the soaps you've tried? :)

theFAT98 likes this.
  5. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

My top tier soaps are ones i just can't be without. I still like CB. It just isn't at the top of my list.

Darkbulb likes this.
  6. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

@theFAT98 I have to agree with you. CB is a very good soap, it lathers easily, is fairly slick and protective, and the post-shave feel is what I would call "neutral"; that being said, It's not in my top list.

ps1160 and theFAT98 like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Glacé Herbe has a very subtile fragrance, but it really shines as a lather on your face. Very cooling and a hint of herbs. Recommended.

8. woodworker

woodworker Active Member

Good soap but not great. A very basic product that lathers easily but no skin care after the shave. In my dry climate that's an important consideration. The scents are also a little childish. Fruit Loops and Grape Soda? The LPV is a pretty good one but again not great.

theFAT98 likes this.
  9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have Saties Rose Du Mechant and it lathers nicely and has a decent scent.As others have stated it has not after shave skin protection which does not bother me because I always use an AS and a balm. Would I buy another Caties scent? probably not. It just does not rate high enough to get into my rotation. The wife will us it up

theFAT98 likes this.
  10. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

This is a great example of YMMV. The vetiver scent doesn't agree with me, although the menthol is nice. Even though the scent isn't strong, it seems to stick around after the shave, which is only a negative because I don't like the scent.

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am going to raise the bar on Caties Bubbles. I used it today and wow! sometimes it pays to stick with somthing

Omelmad and Bobcat like this.
  12. Primotenore

Article Team
    Completely agree. CB is a sticky product until the proper amount of water is added then...:bounce017:

13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

ive been wanting to try LPV because of all the good things ive heard about it. soap commander being another one. there are so many brands to choose from which makes this hobby nice. the only problem is I don't usually shave every single day so they accumulate very fast

drjenkins and Porter like this.
  14. Primotenore

Article Team
    I hate to break it to you, but no matter how often you shave you're going to accumulate some soaps. :happy036:

15. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

yea ive noticed lol. I just found out that maggard razors is not too far away. it is mind boggling to see that much shaving stuff in one store

16. MaxP

MaxP Member

A tub of LTV arrived today. I'll be trying it in the morning.

I have to say, it'll have to be pretty good to earn a place. My top shelf has CRSWselect, Pannacrema, Mike's and Captain's Choice.

I'm looking forward to see how it performs.

17. drjenkins

drjenkins Well-Known Member

That isn't going to help your accumulation AT ALL. It would be way too dangerous for me to even be in a couple hours driving distance from a place like Maggards.:cool:

18. MaxP

MaxP Member

I just shaved using the CB LPV that arrived yesterday. I used a Weber with a SI blade and face lathered with a Berkeley brush. Here's my take.

• It lathers very easily. However, I have a water softener.
    • Good slickness. I evaluate that by how easily the razor glides on my bald scalp.
    • As others have mentioned, the aftershave feel on the face is less moisturizing than some others.

For me, the deal breaker is scent. It just doesn't make me say "Mmmmm." And it reminds me of LASS Bespoke #1, which is nice, but not a scent that I chose to keep.

Bottom line, it'll get another use or two then its headed to "the box in the basement."

As with all things shaving, YMMV,

19. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Max-LPV or LTV?

20. MaxP

MaxP Member

LPV. Sorry, French is NOT my second language.

Its curious that a company named Catie's Bubbles selects rather sophisticated foreign names for their products.

Bobcat likes this.