Catie's Bubbles

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ps1160, Nov 24, 2014.

1. damnitgoose

damnitgoose Well-Known Member

I used the soap twice and its a brilliant soap but something in it really kills my face. It must be the Fragrance

crackstar likes this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Just placed an order with Catie's Bubbles for "Barnegat Bay" and "Tonsorial Parlor" in the 2 oz size. Didn't realize they are here in NJ. Double bonus, supporting a small business and one right here in the Garden State!

3. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Very nice. I ordered the "Le Nude" last night. I've heard so many wonderful things about this soap, it was hard to pass up on trying.

crackstar and MoAllen like this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Should I or shouldn't I? (buy one that is)

5. RetLEO-07

Don't have a frame of reference, as this is my first purchase. If you want to hold off, if I get it this week, I'll use it Sunday, then post a review.

crackstar likes this.
  6. crackstar

Thanks. I appreciate that!

7. RetLEO-07

IMG_0270.JPG
    These were waiting for me when I got home from work. Ordered on Saturday, so living right down the road worked out. Going to try "Barnegat Bay" on Sunday. @crackstar wants to know what it's like before he pulls the trigger. I'm glad to oblige!

8. crackstar

I'm thinking of buying the Mile High Menthol or Piment de la Vie.

9. Legend In My Spare Time

Stuck at work and I just got confirmation that my Catie's Bubbles has been delivered. Wish I could leave early, but I don't think bossman will let go home to test out my new soap, lol.

crackstar likes this.
  10. RetLEO-07

Probably not :D

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

if it was Stirling, bossman might feel differently. :)

crackstar likes this.
  12. Legend In My Spare Time

Didn't get my nightly shave in last night to try out my new Catie's Bubbles. But, I vow to shave tonight! That tub of soap is just sitting there... mocking me... :)

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

and a quick shipping time, too. :).

14. RetLEO-07

Yup. Ordered Saturday, in my mailbox Tuesday.

15. Legend In My Spare Time

My first shave with Catie's Bubbles and I must say it certainly lives up to the hype. Incredibly slick and the face feel afterwards is too notch. I'm irritation free and can't stop touching my face.

The only thing that was a little different from my other soaps is the thickness and cushion. I didn't get the normal amount of cushion that I usually get, but I'm still dialing this in. So I'll keep tinkering with it to see if I can get it down.

Overall, another fantastic artisan soap :D

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  16. RetLEO-07

So, on Sunday I used Catie's Bubbles "Barnegat Bay" soap for the first time. @crackstar wanted a review, so here goes.
    Using my Omega 10098 I was able to load up fairly easy. I bought the 2 oz. size which came in a 4 oz. container. Plenty of room to load the brush. I bloomed the soap for about 5 minutes. I then went to my bowl and whipped up a lather. Nice bay rum scent, not too heavy on the cloves. I probably could've used more water, but I'm still feeling my way with soaps. The lather I did get was nice and slick. I don't get skin irritation(even when I shaved with carts) so I can't speak to that. Face feel was very smooth after the shave.
    Overall I'd give it an 8 on a 1-10 scale. That score will probably go up as I gain Soap experience. Hope that helps you out Jeff.

crackstar likes this.
  17. RetLEO-07

Tomorrow(Sunday) I'll be using Catie's Bubbles "Tonsorial Parlor " soap. As my soap lathering has left something to be desired, for the rest of the month I'll be using one soap for a week to get a better handle on my technique.
    Following this week I'll be using Route 66 "Rum Runner", Cella, Razorock XXX, Aramis and Col. Conk Bay Rum. Hopefully at the end I'll be dialed in a lot better.

Paul Turner likes this.
  18. crackstar

Great review - thanks so much! :)

19. RetLEO-07

You're welcome Jeff. I was glad to do it.
    How are you doing?

20. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Got my first tub of caties bubbles in a trade.. should be here Saturday. Celtic knot is calling my name.... can't wait to try it out...