Catie's Bubbles

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ps1160, Nov 24, 2014.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

This morning's Blade Focus shave was accomplished with "Tonsorial Parlour" and finished off with Clubman for the closest thing to a barbershop shave that I can get.
    The Schick Korona/GSB is a real stubble assassin(almost as good as my NEW SC loaded with the same blade).

2. RetLEO-07

IMG_0560.JPG
    These came in the mail this afternoon. "Florentine Fern" in the morning.

Yehuda D likes this.
  3. RetLEO-07

So I used the "Florentine Fern" this morning. I suck at describing scents. The first thought that hit me was "outdoorsy". Like all the CB's I've used it provided a slick and protective lather. And it smells nice too. Sunrise on deck for tomorrow's shave.

Bobcat likes this.
  4. RetLEO-07

Today I used the second of my new Catie's Bubbles soaps. "Sunrise".
    WOW!!
    When I opened the tub the scent of lemon & peppermint was uppermost. I wasn't too sure about that, but I sicced the Omega 10098 on it and got a slick voluminous lather that smelled great. On the second pass there was a surprise shot of cooling menthol. DAMN!
    I could see where this could be a daily thing. What a way to start the day!

theFAT98, ob1page and Paul Turner like this.
  5. RetLEO-07

Since it's Monday, and I want to get the new week off to a good start, this morning's shave is gonna be with "Sunrise". Yeah, that's the ticket!!

Paul Turner, theFAT98 and ob1page like this.
  6. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

What's the place in Asheville? We get up there every once in a blue moon, and it would be nice to know a place to pop into.

7. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

Serenity and Scott in the Grove arcade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Walked through Grove Arcade briefly last time we were there. It was my first time in downtown Asheville. I'll have to check that place out. Lots of good shave supplies?

9. LevelupShaves

They have a few things Parker Razors and brushes Shark Feather and Gillette blades The full Proraso line and some of the Max's root line as well as lucky Tiger and their own beard balms etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SharptoothC and Yehuda D like this.
  10. Mullen88

Mullen88 Member

Love Waterlyptus. Great scent and performance.

ob1page likes this.
  11. LevelupShaves

I used my CB Irish Coffee for the first time in a while and man I love that soap it just smells so darn good. Great performance too but really that scent is intoxicating.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

ob1page and Straight razor dandy like this.
  12. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

I would put Catie's bubbles up there as one of the best soaps available. It just seems like a lot of people know about it but don't go nuts and buy tons like Barrister and Mann, L&L grooming, and Stirling.

Kokak and ob1page like this.
  13. RetLEO-07

Used "Tonsorial Parlour" this morning(see 30DC). Paired it up with the Clubman for a very nice "barbershop" shave.

14. RetLEO-07

To start my shave week tomorrow, along with this week's blade audition (Voskhod) Florentine Fern is on deck.

15. RetLEO-07

So, the shave this morning was with "Florentine Fern". The scent on this soap has grown on me. And it lathers up great. It's sorta like a walk in the woods. Nice. Tomorrow's shave, another CB soap, "Sunrise".

16. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Florentine fern is one of the best scents in wet shaving. Kudos to you!

Kokak and RetLEO-07 like this.
  17. RetLEO-07

This morning's shave(30DC) accomplished with "Sunrise". I really am liking this soap. It's a great wake up, especially on a Monday morning!
    "Like a cold slap in the face." :smiley freezing:

18. Kokak

Kokak Well-Known Member

I have noticed; the last 3 CB soaps I have bought all have a hint of Menthol cooling that just sneaks up on you during the second pass. I find this really, really nice.

RetLEO-07 and ob1page like this.
  19. RetLEO-07

Needed a wake up this morning so I broke out the "Sunrise". Great shave, 2.5 passes, some J hooking on my lower neck, DFS+.
    I love this soap on a Monday. Gets your week off to a fantastic start!

ob1page and Kokak like this.
  20. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hey. This is Catie's Bubbles Confiant that I got a month ago. I've used it twice so far. I don't know if Chris Cullen will sell a set like this again. It completely sold out, including the fragrance the last time I checked a week or so ago. This stuff is just amazingly done.

SharptoothC, ob1page and RetLEO-07 like this.