Catie's Bubbles

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ps1160, Nov 24, 2014.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Another very nice shave with "Florentine Fern" this morning.
    2.5 passes of shaving excellence for a DFS. I'm thinking "Tonsorial Parlour" for tomorrow. Though if the Wool Fat is waiting for me like UPS says it's gonna be, it'll be that.

LevelupShaves likes this.
  2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I just got a few more Caties to my cabinet. The Glacé Herbe and the Pomander.

Mentholated Haitian vetiver in the one and spicy oranges in the other. Man... what scents, magnificent to my nose!

Simply love Caties soaps. There's a complexity, yet simplicity (I know, it contradicts!) that is just spot on. A real shame they are so expensive to get a hold of here. Around 35 USD for a tub :(

3. RetLEO-07

Another Menthol Monday shave with "Sunrise". This soap has supplanted Proraso Green/C O Bigelow Cream as my goto on Monday. It's a really fantastic way to start the week. Citrus and a shot of menthol on the second pass. This morning I even caught some peppermint. I :love055: it!

Kokak likes this.
  4. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

Shaved with some Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee last night. I have to admire the scent and slickness of this lather. This is definitely a slick soap probably slicker than any other vegan soap I've used so far.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Kokak likes this.
  5. RetLEO-07

Shaved this morning with "Tonsorial Parlour". Seemed appropriate since I was using a 1911 OLD. Topped things off with the Clubman, for a BBS "barbershop shave".
    Yeah Buddy!!

Kokak and BaylorGator like this.
  6. RetLEO-07

Today's shave with Catie's Bubbles "Florentine Fern" was excellent! Using my brand new brush crafted by @jimjo1031(see review in "The Brush") I whipped up a slick, fragrant lather in no time. Face feel as always was superior. The gang at Catie's Bubbles can really make some great soap!

Kokak likes this.
  7. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Well, I found out that it is certainly the water at my house that was causing my lather problems with Catie's Bubbles. I bought a tub with high hopes a few months back and probably used it two dozen times. I could get a slick lather, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the cushion and protection everyone had raved about. So, I shelved it. It was a decent shave, but Cella was certainly better.

For whatever reason, I brought it and tried it at my in-laws house the other day when my wife and I were visiting and WOW! An explosion of thick, protective lather that was slicker than snot. An amazing shave that left my face feeling fantastic. What a night and day difference. My wife and I use well water and my in-laws are have city. I left it there, so when we visit, I'll always have my great Catie's shave. :)

8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I really like Catie's. The scents are excellent and the soaps don't irritate me like many other highly scented soaps. The performance is also top notch!

Kokak and clint64 like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

Another Monday morning shave with "Sunrise". Other than C O Bigelow my go to Monday lather.
    "Sunrise" is great if you need some Moto on a Monday morning!

Kokak likes this.
  10. RetLEO-07

Was in the mood for Bay Rum, so I broke out the "Barnegat Bay". Of all the Bay Rum soaps I have, this one has the strongest bay scent. Topped off the 2.5 pass DFS with Clubman VIBR. Mmmm Bay Rum!

Kokak and LevelupShaves like this.
  11. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

Agreed, I tried one shave and sent it away in a trade. Scent explodes out of this tub.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

12. Amy Warner

Amy Warner The Warner

I've never heard of Caties bubbles. I'll have to look into it. Thank you for introducing it!

13. RetLEO-07

This morning's shave was with "Florentine Fern". Whipped up a great, slick lather with a fantastic post shave face feel using JR#161.
    This is a fougere type soap, which I never really paid attention to. Took a flyer 'cause it was Catie's. Not disappointed that I did. Smells great(reminds me of a forest, which is the point I guess). A keeper all the way.

Kokak likes this.
  14. RetLEO-07

Menthol Monday. Hadda flip a coin this morning. C O Bigelow or "Sunrise"? "Sunrise" won the toss and using JR#161 whipped up into a slick, great smelling lather.
    Have a good 'un!

Kokak likes this.
  15. RetLEO-07

Tomorrow I'm going with "Florentine Fern" for this round of blade auditions. Gonna top it off with Speick After Shave for Men Erfrischende Pflege.

Kokak likes this.
  16. RetLEO-07

Very nice shave with the "Fern" this morning. My newly acquired Rubberset 303 whipped up a boatload of lather in my Old Spice mug. When I purchased this soap, I knew nothing about fougere scents.
    But I do like this one.

17. RetLEO-07

At the risk of being repetitive, I had another great shave with Sunrise this morning. It's just the thing for Menthol Monday IMHO.

18. RetLEO-07

Another Menthol Monday, another shave with Catie's Bubbles "Sunrise".
    A great wake up call for your face!

19. RetLEO-07

The first Monday of SEptember, so that means Catie's Bubbles "Sunrise" for Menthol Monday!

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

y'know, I b'lieve I see a pattern here :)

RetLEO-07 likes this.